Can you overdose on vitamin C. I am taking 2000 milligrams a day to keep my resistance up. I work with children and they carry lots of germs.

Yes, you can overdose on vitamin C. However, 2,000 mg for an adult is okay. That's actually quite good, believe it or not.

However, don't take it all together. Vitamin C is a water soluable vitamin, so about after three hours it leaves your system. Take maybe 1,000 mg at breakfast and the other half at dinner.

For the record, taking more than 20,000 mg in a day is considered overdosing.

we all know that vitamins and minerals are very essential for us. there are five types of vitamins we need to servive and massive amounts of menerals we have to take everyday through our daily food.

hi! no,u cannot take an overdose of vitamin c. your bodywill use what it needs and the remainder will pass in your urine output. when your body gets to the correct level that it needs u will get the runs. this is called bowel tolerance. stay at that level as to not waste the vitamin c. vit. c is also water soluable,so u need to take it over the day,not all at once so it is in your system all day. hope this helps. good luck!

Yes and no.
Most people can absorb about 1000 mg per hour. When I feel like I'm getting sick I take that every hour until I reach about 10,000 mg per day.

If you do take too much, the worst that will happen is diarrhea. However, the official name for a vitamin c overdose is an "Ascorbic Acid Cleanse" and its excellent for flushing out toxins.

Is it OK and healthy for adults and children to have a small dose of Vitamin C (1000-2000 mg/day) on a regular basis? is it detrimental in the long run?

Thanks.

can anyone tel e about how much vitamin C needs daily?

There is evidence that excess vitamin C can actually destroy DNA. On top of that, it is possible that taking extra vitamin C when you are sick does nothing to help with your illness. I think it's important to remember that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing! While it's true that you will pass extra vitamin C, you can still have too much! Around 2000 mg is the most anyone needs. Be careful taking too many vitamins! You can get sick with either too much or not enough.