Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

I seem to have an allergy to Vitamin C or citric acid.  It seems that severe itching and mouth sores have been common throughout my life when I would over indulge in foods with citric acid since I was a child.  Now that I am older the symptoms are much worse and come on more rapidly.  I itch almost constantly since citric acid is in almost everything.  Does anyone know why?  Is there a solution like a more alkaline balanced diet? Also, is there a way to quickly rid my body of it after ingestion?

Loading...

It needed for growth, development, repairing wear and tear of the cells and tissues, clearing poisons from the blood, etc. Vitamin C is a very good antioxidant.
Reply

Loading...

I agree Vitamin C is needed.  I can actually endure small amounts with minimal itching. I can't take vitamins with large amounts of it though. The itching is what is bothering me the most. So no help?
Reply

Loading...