I was just wondering,... my significant other says that his grandfather had HBV and so he says its "in his blood" and I read that men having what the site called "gay sex" can catch the HBV... so that leads me with two worries.
Am I going to get Hepatitis B from my significant other because its in his family history aka is it genetic? And whether it is or isnt genetic, am I going to get this virus is we decide someday to have anal sex?
Someone please help me find the answers.

Hi there.

As long as you wear a condom during anal sex that SHOULD prevent you from receiving such infections. However, I am not saying it cannot happen. Just be very cautious when it comes to anal sex. I hope this helps

Thank you for your reply... I will be more cautious....
do you really think that I could get this from him even though he shows no symptoms just because his grandfather had it?

Hepatitis B can exist without symptoms because some people have the enough resistance. Vaccines for HBV are widely available. I suggest you get one. I'm not sure how long the vaccine lasts, or if it only takes one shot to protect you for lifetime. It is however possible that you sleep with somebody who is HBV+ as long as you have the vaccine. Ask a doctor to better explain this to you.