Hello, guys. I would like to ask you something. My friend’s kid was diagnosed type 2 of diabetes mellitus. I know that this type is more common for older people. I would like to know whether adolescents can develop type 2 diabetes. I would appreciate all your replies. Thanks and bye!

Hello to you too. You are right. Type 2 of diabetes mellitus is more common for older people. However, since obesity has become a great problem for kids, type 2 has become more common for them as well. In any case, the prime aim is to normalize glucose blood levels as quickly as possible. Depending on glucose levels, the treatment will be either with insulin in the beginning or with other measurements. I am sorry I don’t know more details. You can consult a pediatric endocrinologist for more details. I hope this helps. Bye!