This winter, I have been ill more than ever before - I had colds, the flu, hives... Different diseases all winter long. And now, going into spring, I have caught a cold yet again, and pollen are also bothering me. There is obviously something not quite in order with my immune system. Can you recommend me any herbs for protection from sickness?

If you want to build up your immune system, and boy does it sound like you need some help with that, you should look into taking probiotics. I know that these are not herbs, but they are very good for you and sound like just the thing you need. As for herbal supplements, I believe echinaecia is very good.

Do you mean probiotic yoghurt, or do you mean probiotic pills which you buy in the pharmacy? Or perhaps both? I have never bought probiotics before, so some directions on which ones to buy or how to use them would be welcome. Thanks for your answer, and I hope you don't mind clarifying!