So, exactly 5 weeks ago, my entire family got a gut-stomach virus. No vomiting, only Diarrhea, chills, distaste, and nausea. It eventually went away, and we were all fine. However, after only 1 week of no symptoms, I got it, AGAIN. The same symptoms replayed themselves upon me. However, it was no where near as severe as it was the first time. It was more of a less strong version of it. I went to the doctors and of course, all she did was give me some over the counter anti-acid stomach medicine, which did absolutely nothing. Now, Im at the end of having it the second time, though im afraid of it coming back again, just to replay itself in a couple weeks again. I have a feeling this is a new type of sickness. If you have any similar issues right now, or any thing of this kind you know anything about, PLEASE email me or reply to this. I'm so tired of being sick and I'm a pre-professional dancer and do not have any time or tolerance for this. PLEASE HELP!

I'd recommend you to try including more probiotics - the good bacteria to your diet. The easiest way to get them is as over-the-counter supplement, but you might want to combine that with good-bacteria enriched yogurt. These bacteria are normally present in our intestines and they help in breaking down food, keeping the digestion regular, as well as helping your immune system to develop the bigger tolerance to viruses and bacteria that affect the stomach.

Most of probiotic supplements require you to take only one pill/ capsule per day and you can start even if your symptoms are still present - the supplement may help your immune system to fight of this infection sooner than it would on it's own. However, if you experience symptoms like this again, even after taking the probiotics, you'll most likely need to see your doc again and press her to look for a cause of these symptoms.

i have been in the same boat. everything you mentioned minus the diarrhea. but like 2-5 stools a day, mostly messy and small. this started last Feb and i am still dealing with it. my wife has it too. i am a male, i have had frequent uriniation when it flares up. only semi good news is that it hasnt been as bad as it was last spring. i have had so many stool and blood tests that have turned up nothing. i think is a virus. ps, i take heavy probiotics. a brand called VSL. i eat vegetarian, organic, whole foods. i still cant detox

Were you tested for Hecilobacter Pylori infection?

Has anyone tried to remove gluten from their diet? Could be the onset of celiac disease? Most doctors dont understand nutrition, however the alternative medicine guys seem to always help

Did you ever get over this? I'm on month 2 of this, started with severe dizziness and diarrhea, nausea, the nausea has persisted and I'm weak and tired too.Thank you.

Hi! My 6 yr old came home Thursday night from dance and threw up four times at one time and did not throw up again. She is ok since Sunday but my three year old boy and myself and my husband are not. My three ur old still has diarrhea and my husband and I are bloated and nauseous still. We are also very sick of this mess! It is now Tuesday.

Hi, I am so sorry you are all sick. I know how you feel as I am one week 8 of this c**p! I've seen many dr's and had many tests and I honestly think it is a very strong flu bug as it stays around a lot longer than the normal stomach but. Can you please repost when you guys are better? I'm checking to see how long it is taking people.....

This is affecting alot of people and many of us thought we had something alot worse than just a bug but now we are not so sure.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use