My best friend since High School has type 2 diabetes, and because he has always been ashamed of his diabetes for some reason, and always says that he does not want to talk about his illness, I have never interfered. I don't know much about type 2 diabetes and about the diet that type 2 diabetes patients are supposed to follow, but I am quite sure that fatty and sugary foods are not the best. Yet, I often see my friend with both cakes and chocolates, and fatty foods. Isn't that dangerous? I want to approach him about this, but I am not sure how. Perhaps constructively would be the best. But I do need some good info about what is healthy and good for people with type 2 diabetes then. What would be the best, recommended diet?

MOST PEOPLE WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES  ARE IN DENIAL,SOME, FOR YEARS. WHEN THEY ARE PREDIABETIC THEY HAVE A DAY WHEN THEY ARE FEELING GOOD AND TRY DIFFERENT TYPES OF SUGARY TREATS. THIS IN TIME WILL MAKE THEIR DIABETES  WORSE.IT IS BEST TO CHECK BLOOD SUGAR, AT LEAST ONCE,SOMETIME TWICE PER DAY, IF YOU ARE NEW AT THIS KEEP A LOG OF WHAT YOU EAT FOR AWHILE, THE THINGS THAT KEEP YOUR SUGAR LOW YOU WILL KNOW TO CONTINUE..

YOU WILL HAVE TO FACE THE FACT THAT YOU  WILL HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN BEING WELL AND NOT BEING WELL. 

THERE ARE SEVERAL THINGS THAT MAY HELP YOR DIABETES,LIKE OKRA. I AM TOLD THAT OKRA IS VERY GOOD AT LOWERING BLOOD SUGAR. SOME SAY THAT OLRA CAN EVEN CURE DIABETES. I DO NOT ENDORSE THIS BUT WHY NOT GIVE IT A TRY?