Recently I have noticed some changes in my vagina so I went to my doctor. He diagnosed me with herpes. I would like to know more information about it? How is it transmitted? Thanks

Herpes infection can cause spots on the labia, clitoris and pubic area that look like blisters, ulcers or chapped areas. People who have genital herpes often have flu-like symptoms, fever and pain passing urine. These symptoms occur for about a week when first infected. A pregnant woman can transmit the infection to her baby during delivery and severe damage to the baby's nervous system can result from it. The infection is caused by the herpes simplex virus being passed on during sex, so I guess that this was the case with you. The virus lies dormant in the body and it's common to get repeated attacks that are generally milder than the first attack. There's no cure for herpes, but antiviral drugs can help to shorten the first attack, and reduce the severity of further episodes. For some people salt baths, ice packs and painkillers are helpful. Frequent severe attacks may require regular antiviral treatment for up to a year and the virus is most infectious during an attack. It is smart to avoiding sexual activity at the time of an attack because it lessens the chance of passing it to others. I hope that you will be ok.

i am just wondering what these small califlower spots are on my willy?