I got a huge, painful pimple(?) on my upper lip a day or two ago, and it just keeps getting bigger. The right side of my lip is swollen now because of it, and it's really hard to avoid touching it. I don't think it's a cold sore, but I've never heard of a pimple on your lip. Please help. :/
I don't know whether to treat it as a pimple to get rid of it, or treat it as a cold sore?

the pimple on ur upper lip is actually herpies if it is growing that is most likey what it is i u have have any kind of sex recently including oral u should go to ur doctor to see about it

I guess I should be glad you didn't reply earlier, that would have freaked me out. No, I haven't had sex in over a year, and it's actually a cold sore.
Thanks, no.

yeah i have a pimple, well i think it is a pimple, on my lip kinda in the top, my left corner, of my lip hurts hella i squeezed that white shiz out of it that was painful, never have done oral sex, so i know iz not herpes, but anyway
it is making my lip in that section bigger pissing me off, i have scrubbed it put proactiv stuff on it, i am going to attempt to put ALOT of heat on it as well i cant find my zeeno so i am gonna use a hot wash cloth, did the same with clean and clear stuff its been 2 days since ive had it i want to get it gone b4 monday, school so no one sees it and gets grossed out I NEED SOME ADVICE TOO!.

a cold sore is caused by herpes simplex 1, dingbat.

i got a pimple on my lip cux i kissed a guy

The same thing has happened to me! I am very sure it is a pimple, but it hurts too much to pop. Also, my lips became very chapped two days before I noticed a bump, so I couldn't tell if it had been coming. I am currently under a lot of stress and eating chocolate has become my life line. These supposedly may play a factor, but i=I really have no clue. I am going to attempt to pop it (through the pain) again.

Right ! Me too... Never doing that sh*t again-.-
I do not want to start school, & people be thinking that I got herpes cause I've done a blow job or a head-.- btw (haven't had sex in any other way, still virginy & proud)

For me I would just try to forget about the pimple and it will soon go away! If you try to pop it, keep touching it, or wishing for it to go away it wont help! I had it before and I know what you mean. Just try to pretend it isn't there and pimples are a part of growing up so don't feel embarrassed about it no one will laugh at you and besides other people might have it as well!

I have them too use a lacet for diabetics finger pricker to lance the little devil it did  not hurt as much as popping it thought it would help to let you guys know I have had a lot of these darn pimples and they never get any easier to pop or lance 

Same I Dont Know What It Is But It's Swollen And I Haven't Kissed Anybody Since Last Year . I Woke Up This Morning And At First It Wasn't Red Then I Went Back To Sleep And Woke Up And The Bump Hurts Really Bad And It's Red And I Dont Know What To But On It

All of these post I've seen about herpes are completely inaccurate so I thought I would inform you all with the correct information. There are 2 different types of the the herpes virus (herpes simplex virus 1 and herpes simplex virus 2 - I will now use HSV for short). HSV1 is the oral form and this can be transferred from person to person through many other ways than sex such as sharing drinks, utensils, chapstick, etc. while HSV2 is the genital virus that is transmitted sexually. Now, for all of you saying you haven't had sex in a long time, that doesn't matter. These viruses can lay dormant (a person would be infected with the virus but show no symptoms) for years and years and then things like stress, the sun, a poor immune system and many other things can cause the virus to "wake up" which is when people with herpes have "breakouts." This means that you could have been sexually active with someone 7 years ago that was infected but showed no signs, and then you don't show any symptoms for another 5 years, well then that is 12 years you have gone without knowing. These viruses will stay in your blood forever so you will forever be infected but if you are not having a breakout then you will not present any symptoms. For anyone that think they may have herpes, call your doctor and ask for a prescription to for Valtrex for your cold sores, or use an over the counter medication called Abreva. Valtrex not only clears up cold sores, if it taken everyday it will prevent them, too so if you have recurring cold sores I highly suggest you discuss this with your physician. Resources - pharmacy school, PharmD 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

That's not true