Hello, folks. I often don’t understand the major differences between rashes and measles and other skin problems. For instance, I would like to know the difference between chickenpox and herpes virus infection. I would really appreciate this piece of info. It will mean a lot to me. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. Chickenpox is caused by virus called varicella zoster virus. This infection usually appears in childhood. This virus can never be eliminated from organism. However, with most people in gets into latent phase and never manifests again. Nevertheless, there is a certain number of people where this virus activates again. This is known as herpes zoster infection. You shouldn’t mix it with herpes simplex infection. It is caused by a different virus- herpes simplex virus. I hope this helps.

Is it possible to have a false positive reading when tested for herpes if you've had chickenpox? I understand that if there are anitibodies, that means you've been exposed. But since varicella and herpes simplex are in the same family, could a test come up positive when you don't have herpes simplex?

kl;lmlmk, bt you fuk herppess zimplexzx pox chikken