I'm 56 year old man and recently I was experiencing some very strong heartburn. All this was accompanied with swelling difficulties.
I don’t know what could cause this but I was hopping that my symptoms will disappear by them self.
Instead of this I started to suffer from strong chest pain and after this, I contacted my gastrologist immediately.
After some test called barium swallow x-ray doctor found that that I suffer from some condition called hiatal hernia.
I know that it has something to do with my stomach but I'm not sure what it is actually. Please help!

I know some facts about this condition because I was diagnosed with hiatal hernia a couple of years before and I recovered from it very well.
A hernia occurs when one part of your body protrudes through a gap or opening into another part of your body. Your type of hernia -hiatal hernia, also known as diaphragmatic hernia, — is formed at the opening in your diaphragm where your esophagus joins your stomach.
This was causing your problems with heartburn and even swelling difficulties.
This could be solved with medications that neutralize stomach acidity, decrease acid production, or strengthen the lower esophageal sphincter, but onset of complications may require surgical repair of the hernia like in my case.