I had my gallbladder removed about a year ago now and have recently had an endoscopy which revealed I had a hernia the esophagus where the acid comes back up. I also have IBS which I have had for 15 years, I usually can tell when I will get a bad stomach when I have shortness of breath this is often relieved when burping which I tend to do alot. Just the last week I have felt a dull ache in my stomach below my breast bone the pain is like a stomach ache and I have been belching alot after meals, the pain is relieved after eating small meals but then has returned. I find I am worrying also about this and other things on my mind including my wifes pregnancy.

Could this be the gallbladder removal? or the hernia or the IBS or a combination of all three, I am pretty careful what I eat but have been recently feeling very bad with my stomach. I eat small meals and since my gallbladder removal my diahorea is more urgent, more than it was with the IBS.

Has anyone else had my symptoms? had their gallbladder removed or has this type of hernia? would be grateful for your replies

I think your dull stomach ache has to do with your hiatal hernia rather than with gallbladder removal or IBS.

when i had my gallbladder removed 1 year later i found out that i had a hiatal herina and then after that i had ibs. ibs will cause ur stomach to hurt and then i will cause ur hialtal hernia to go buzerks when i have trouble with my stomach like pain or burning i go and eat low fat ice cream aslong as u dont eat alot of it it will not interfear with ur ibs

I AM HAVING THE SAME SYMPTOMS. I WILL GET BACK WITH U TOMORROW ABOUT I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH.

I have had that dull pain below breastbone that you are describing for over a year. A week ago It hurt so bad I finally agreed to have my gallbladder out. Now, I burp all of the time and my ibs is going crazy. Dull pain is better but I feel the shortness of breath youre describing as well.idk what to do I feel like this is ruining my life.

I had my gall bladder removed a year ago, I still have stomach pain and nausia almost everyday, most of time I have to take something for the nausia and lay down. I feel like I'm living on pepto-bismo and pain releivers. I have talked to alot of people that have the same symptoms. It is getting depressing. I take probiotics everyday. I also don't have medical insurance and my Dr. thinks I need a CT Scan (which is about $2000.00) Ya right! I just want it to go away. I feel for everyone that has these symptoms, because I know what your going thru.

I feel your pain.  I have IBS & a hiatal hernia, however, I have not had my gallbladder removed......yet, at least I hope I won't have to.  I have learned to listen to your body.  Yes, small meals help A LOT.  I am also lactose intolerant & I cannot eat Pork.  Pork ribs put me in the hospital, though I was misdiagnosed & was told I needed my tubes out...so I went & had surgery & they also took one ovary out, putting me into menopause early.  No matter how much I told the doctors I really thought it was the pork, they insisted on surgery for the tubes.  Well, I made sure I stayed away from pork ribs until about one year later--my husband & I were eating at Chilis, I was in the ladies room when our food arrived.  I knew he ordered ribs, but I thought they were beef ribs.  He offered me ONE RIB--that was all I ate.  I ended up with a gall bladder attack--which was exactly what happened to me the first time when they told me I needed surgery for the tubes.  I learned my lesson to LISTEN TO YOUR BODY & your gut instincts.  After googling about gall bladder problems, I learned that Pork, onions & eggs are the 3 major foods that cause gall bladder problems, along with many others.  I already knew by listening to my body that red meat, greasy fried foods, fatty foods, milk products & caffeinated beverages & chocolate all did not agree with me--these are usually related to the gall bladder.  I just recently learned that the cabbage family--broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, sauerkraut, etc., also do not agree with me, which for me was related more to IBS.  Albeit I already watch what I eat, sometimes I can incorporate these foods into my diet, but only a very small amount, or I will pay for it with an IBS attack or a gallbladder attack.  I don't like to be on tons of medication, so I only take my Omeprazole for the hiatal hernia when I feel a food may interfere, but sometimes you just have to say no to some food items.  It is a process, but I have lived & learned on my own, rather than being pumped with medication to soothe the SYMPTOMS of an actual disease process.  That is what all meds do & eventually they build up in our systems & wreak havoc on something else later on.  I did start taking a probiotic to help me & I try to eat Activia to keep my system normal.  I did a lot of googling to learn about my symptoms & what foods agree/disagree with me.  I was put on different meds at one point for the IBS, & all they did was make me feel sick & nauseous.  If you really want to know what is in the meds they are giving you, google that too, you'd be surprised what is in it, thinks like the same ingredients used in resins, glues, & even the stuff they de-ice airplanes with....no wonder I felt sick.  All I can say is DO YOUR RESEARCH & LISTEN TO YOUR BODY !  You are your best advocate when it comes to your health.  Write down how each food affects you when you eat.  I hope this helps. 

I know this is a year old im the same had a gall bladder remover hatial hernia had all this stomach pain for two nd a half years 5 different medications nothing seems to work im not over weight find my stomach is grawling pretty much all the time ..... doctors in the uk r useless tell u what's wrong and let u get on with it ...... ive done lots of research found things tried but not worked ... ive now started a digest enzyme to see if that helps ......how have u all been gettin on found any things that help ... im a single mum with 3 children and all this is putting a strain on my life nd forgot to mention I know have continued sinus problems !

Sounds like you have bile acid malabsorption caused by having your gall bladder removed. I had mine removed 15 years ago and suffered symptoms just like yours. I was recently diagnosed with BAM. Hope this helps.