I frequently have some weird symptoms such as severe heartburn accompanied with severe pain that lasts few seconds but causing me really bad feeling like I have spasm and I first thought those are gastritis symptoms for usually comes along with nausea and occasional vomiting but my sis claims I have mistaken it for esophageal symptoms. So I am curious if these severe and intense chest pain but also trouble swallowing are actually esophageal spasms and if so how it is supposed to be treated? Thanks!

According to your symptoms regarding this intense chest pain lasting several seconds it is most likely these are esophageal spasms symptoms but there are not that easy to be diagnosed for they usually went mistaken for some other similar condition such as heartburn or gastritis. So the best you could do is to go see a doc and check this out by having some test such as barium swallow known as esophagram-that is how I was diagnosed with esophageal spasms this test is especially good for patients that has trouble swallowing which is your case but you could also have esophagel CT scan that is about to determine more precisely whether these symptoms are esophageal spasms. And as for the treatment in my case the most effective esophageal spasms treatment turned out to be the combination of biofeedback method and muscle relaxants –I am taking calcium channel blockers occasionally mixing it with mild antidepressants.

Hi, I am writing on behalf of my mother who has been suffering with symptoms which have defied invasive medical tests.

Every morning after passing stools there is a gnawing/buring pain in the stomach (just below the sternum).
The sensation feels like something (acid??) is being secreted and travelling back up the oesophagus.
There is a loss of appetite, anxiety and a feeling of discomfort.
However, by the evening all of these symptoms go away, only to return in the morning.
However, she has had an ultrasound scan, barium meal, colonoscopy and gastroscopy but all clear. She is also currently taking Lansoprozole, and Amitriptyline (to relax the stomach sensations). We are at a loss because the same thing happened 2 years ago and just went away after about 7 months of trying everything under the sun.

Has anyone experienced the same?