I was diagnoised with a hiatal hernia, but were still doing a bunch of test to try and find out why I'm have sever pain when I eat. On Monday I'm going in to do a berium swallow and I read on there that it looks for a what type of hiatal hernia you have. But I was wondering if anyone knows if they have been through this if a hiatal hernia would cause severe pain after I eat. Any help I would appreciate

Dear Jew hello,

Hope you get well soon .

Can you pls tell me how you were diognised for hiatal hernia? And pls advise where and how is your pain located??Isit while you eat or after you eat??
I have back pain while Iswallow anything. Had the barium swallow and showed nothing.
Now the doctors are suggesting to do endsocopy :(:(

I had an endonosopy done. I get sever pain after I eat. Today they did a barium swallow and I have to wait for the test results. Did you have to swallow a pill with your barium swallow? My pain is in my stomach mostly but I also get it in my upper back.

jewl wrote:

Dear Jew hello,

So your hiatal hernia was diagnosed with the endoscopy , right?

Mine is not in my stomach . It is on my left shoulder blade area.
What is the type of your pain ? Can you try to decsribe it to me.
When finishing the swallowing action , mine is on the LEFT side only one sided upper back area and like burning and stinging and like somebody is touching with a knife . Ialso have it without eating anything but it intensifies with swallowing . Even now when I swallow my saliva .

Ionly did barium swallow not endoscopy .

Did your test results come from barium ?