I know that hernia is the protrusion of an organ or tissue out of the body cavity. Off course, it must be protrusion out of cavities that tissue normally is contained. I have heard that by far the most common hernias develop in the abdomen. It happens when a weakness in the abdominal wall evolves into a localized hole, through which the protrusion occurs. You may wonder why I am posting if I understand all this. My question is what happens with inguinal hernia, is it the same as any other type.

Hernia that occur in abdomen may present either with pain at the site, or a visible or palpable lump. In some cases, it could occur by more vague symptoms resulting from pressure on an intra-abdominal organ, which has become stuck. Fatty tissue usually enters a hernia first, but it may be accompanied by a segment of intestine or some other intra-abdominal organ. It is generally advisable to repair hernias in a timely fashion, in order to prevent complications. Complications include intestinal blockage, gangrene, and even death. Most hernias can be surgically repaired, and recovery rarely requires long-term changes in lifestyle. By far the most common abdominal hernias are the so-called inguinal hernias that you are especially interested. This type of hernia, called inguinal hernia, involves the bulging of abdominal contents into a defect in the inguinal canal in the lower abdomen. Since they involve the embryological route of descent of the testicle, inguinal hernias are more common in males than females. It is also interested that in males the hernia contents commonly enter the scrotum. Other abdominal hernias include umbilical, femoral, incisional, and diaphragmatic, so there are many different kinds beside inguinal hernias.