Hello. I'm 39 year old male and about a month ago I started to suffer from constant problems with heartburn.
I heard that this can be related to some stomach disease like gastritis or even a peptic ulcer and so I have contacted my gastrologist.
He did gastroscopy and found out that there is nothing wrong with my stomach but that I suffer from some condition called hiatal hernia.
He said that symptoms could get worse and that maybe I should consider operation. It is all up to me.
I don’t anything about this condition. Please help!

I know some things about hernias and I will be happy to share them with you.
Medical definition is next- A hernia occurs when one part of your body protrudes through a gap or opening into another part of your body.
Most of hernias occur on the abdominal area because there are some weak spots on the abdominal wall which are very convenient for this to happen.
Hiatal hernias, also known as diaphragmatic hernias are located at the opening in your diaphragm where your esophagus comes into your stomach.
There are some that cause no symptoms but they could also allow food and acid to back up into your esophagus and do some serious damage. So, best for you would be an operation. Prevention is always the best cure!