Hi about 4 weeks ago i had an endoscopy done .
after the endoscopy i had the feeling of a lump in my throat and a felling of not being able to swallow my food has any body ever experience this please let me know :-(

Yes, I've had the same experience. I had an endoscopy July 7, 2006 and my throat still feels sore (3 days later) and also feels a little swollen. I am also a little sore in my chest. I called the doctor's office 2 days ago and the nurse told me to call them tomorrow if I am not any better.

I just had endoscopy 3 days ago and I came home feelling like a had a giant lump in my throat. Had trouble swallowing. Felt like I had to cough something up or swallow somthing down and couldn't do either. That felt much better the next day. I've also developed a cough deep in my throat with some awful tasting phlegm. I had the sore throat for the first 2 days but that is much better too. what hasn't gotten better yet is the bad/bland taste in all foods since the procedure. This is my third endoscopy (every two yrs I get one now) and the first two were not like this afterwards. I assume that my throat/esophagus was more irritated...maybe they had to take more tissue samples this time. Guess I'll find out after doctor calls me next week.

Yes, I am experiencing the same symptoms. I had the endoscopy and also had esophageal dilation 3 weeks ago and the lump feeling is still there. My doctor became angry when I called him to complain. The feeling is terrible; it's difficult to describe to other people. I know just how you feel. I don't know where to go from here because I will not return to the physician who did the procedure.

I've had a lump in throat feeling for two weeks+little stones came out of my mouth.I am taking a triple therapy in antibiotics;a single therapy does not help.I had a terrible taste in my mouth .Which is now gone after two days of triple therapy(amoxicilline+clarythromycine +pantozol 40)
Hope this helps others. XD :-D

Those stones are probably salivary stones. It feels like a lump in a gland. It is passed through your salivary duct through the underside of your tongue.

As a patient, you have every right to ask any question regarding a procedure, a second opinion, or positive ratiing regarding a procedure or surgery you may have been suggested to by a doctor. I once had a doctor who got so upset about requesting a second opinion we almost came to blows. Of course it was regarding surgeries perfromed during a workmans compesation case. I had never been talked to like that man talked to me by anyone, much less than a surgeon.

I found out soon after my confrontation with this hand doctor, that he had been lets say "forcebly retired". The doctor that did the second surgery had told me that the first surgery completely failed. After this surgeon reconstructed what the other surgeon performed.

Remember, you are in charge of your medical health, not the physician or surgeon. If you do not like what a doctor is telling you, then by all means, get another opinion..

I had endoscopy Thursday the 27th 2011. I too have the feeling of a lump in my throat, I wonder if that meant the tissue was just irratated if it was preforated, I'd be with fever and other symptoms and sever throat pain. I have this annoying feeling of a lump in my throat it is very annoying. How did everyone else turn out who had this "lump" feeling? When did it stop.

I have had many endoscopies over the years and I am having one tomorrow. I'm very nervous because I always seem to get the "lump in throat" feeling afterwards for a couple of days, then just sore throat, but i may not feel totally normal again for 7-10 days. It is very upsetting and i am happy to hear there are other people who have experienced the same thing. my trusted GI is putting me on IV antibiotics this time before the procedure (not sure why, but he had an idea it may help), may use peds equipment (i'm 40), so i am hopeful this time will be different. i don't know ANYONE who has had this reaction, including my daughter who had one at 6yo. I feel like I have bad luck. thank you for posting your experiences. I'll update after tomorrow :-)

Regarding these lumps we are all feeling. I just had ACDF on my C4-c5 c5-c6 c6-c7, in surgery for 3 hours. I still have that lump feeling and its hard to burp or swallow down that feeling that is in my throat and the incision is right to the esophagus. I called my Neurologists office about it and they told me, it is most likely because my airway is still swollen from having to be incubated for 3 hours. Its a scary feeling, but basically, this is also called Throat Spasms when you feel this lump. When I take an Flexiril or a Valium, my throat seems to calm down. Ask your doctor if this is something you can try until your throat is finished healing.

I have the same thing got an endoscopy done 4 weeks ago and this lump in my throat is driving me mad. Can't swallow properly and chest sore as well. When will it go away or have they damaged something. 

hi lindale39

4 days back i went for endoscopy and after that feel like a big lump in the throat and pain when swallowing. kindly suggest what medicinces u took to get rid of the lump

i had egd done 2 days ago, i had to be incubated for less than an hour due to breathing stopped.  but in the process of putting the tube down my throat, they knocked a piece of my throat, buised it and bruisted my upper gum as i didnt have my dentures in.  it felt like my eardrum had been bursted.  althought the ear is somewhat better, i still cant eat anything or wear my dentures. does someone have any remedies to help my throat heal?  

Okay, don't know how many folks come here but hope someone can help. I had this Doctor (mean old cuss that the nurses actually "ran out" of the hospital when he tried to restart an arguement he had while I was "out").

During my endoscopy I heard arguing and shortly thereafter suddenly awoke realizing I could not breath and something was being crammed down my throat and I was gagging on it. I obviously could not speak with all of this stuff in my throat and the Docotr was looking at me as if he couldn't care less so(this happened in a matter of seconds) anyhow I then immediately grabbed his wrist and tried to get him to back the endoscopy "cable" he was cramming down my throat out. He shoved my hand away with a "NO your not!" and then nodded to who I guess was the anithesiologist (I am sure I spelled that one wrong!).

This was almost three years ago and I still have a lump in my throat.I constantly feel like I need to swallow or clear my throat but it cannot be done. Until December 2011 I sang in our choir but my voice would cut out without warning at times (nice and embarrassing) and then got to the point I was getting (and still have) a sharper (like sore throat pain) when I attempt to sing at my previous level.

Another side note it I use a CPAP machine and that air being blown down there is VERY irrating and I awake TOTALLY exhausted.I went in for adjustments to my machine thinking it just needed to be boosted but that did not help.

Recently my ears have started to clog up anytime I blow my nose (even if done very lightly the both ears clog) I am unable to clear the ears.

My biggest concern is if my vocal cords have been damaged to a point where a growth of scar tissue or something is building up.I do realized the endoscopy does not pass directly pass the vocal cords but have heard in my cases with the violent gagging and panic that it can affect these areas.

I would appreciate any help.

sagaryzag wrote:

lindale39 wrote:

hi lindale39

My brother is having the same problem. Can you tell me if it's gotten any better for you. My brother was told that he would need an eating pipe if this doesn't get better soon. We are worrried.