Hi folks,

I've been reading this forum for several weeks now as I've not been feeling too well.  Around 4 weeks ago I started to have pains in my neck - they were at the side, under my chin and above my adams apple was tender to the touch.  They still are.  Last week I woke up with a terrible pain (ball like feeling in my chest).  I decided that it was time to visit the doctor.

She felt around my neck and throat and she is convinced that I have acid reflux (gerd issues), although I have never really had acid or heartburn.  She gave me some omeprazole and also sent me off for some blood tests. She also believes that some of my issues are stress anxiety related...

The omeprazole has taken the lump in my chest away, however...

I went to the surgery at 6pm today and the doctor told me that I was showing 3 things that were high on my blood tests.  He said that my White Blood Count is 8.5 ('of doubtful significance' from the peak I stole at his notes!) and that my thyroid was high ('likely normal, but a little high' again pointing to a flying pig, as I caught a glimpse of his screen...).  I cant remember what the third thing was.  My head was spinning at this point!

I have now to go for more tests on Monday morning, but here's the thing...

I am a 36 year old male smoker, although I've not even looked at a cigarette since the gerd issues 8 days ago and I'm certain that's enough to keep me off the cigarettes for good.  My father died of Acute Myeloid Leukemia, aged 41.  When I came out of the doctors surgery and went back to my car I was in tears.  Can anyone shed any light on these results?  I can take a harsh assessment of what the likely problem is, but I would really like to hear from anyone with similar experiences or knowledge on the subject.  I'm in bits just now.  Myself and my fiancee got married in July and I'm now fightened to death that I'm about to shuffle off this mortal coil and leave her behind.  I've already got the guitar out to work on my farewell ditty!

Comments welcome, even if they are along the lines of pull yourself together man!  If this is posted in the wrong place, please dont delete it mods.  I would be really grateful if you could move it to a suitable location.  Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

TJ.