Hi all,

I am in a serious relationship with a wonderful man and recently had unprotected sex with a stranger. My partner is a lot older than me and we do not use protection. Having unprotected sex with that stranger was a really dumb thing to do! Now, I have learnt my lesson and freaking out waiting for my RNA PCR HIV test to come out; it cost so much and takes ages for the results to come back! I have been on all the HIV websites and I can't wait three bloody months to make sure I am fine! This test is supposed to be the earliest form of HIV test which means 12 days after exposure and the most accurate since it tests for the virus itself.

I am living in constant fear that I have infected my partner to HIV as we slept together three times after the "incident". The only consolation is that the stranger didn't ejaculate inside me but I know there is always a risk due to the pre-cum. Oh God, I am suffering from sore throat and cough! Can't eat nor sleep.. I am so full of guilt whenever I look at my partner. I am out of breath and feels like fainting all the time. I swear I will be so loyal from now on! I wish I am only overreacting but the thought of HIV without cure and the cocktail of medications one have to take is not at all enticing....

Any advice on the probability of me getting HIV??

HIV IS on the rise in the heterosexual community BUT it is still rare enough! It is ALL about STATS! Did this guy sleep with a thousand women (eg) before you! OR was it his "oops" too? THAT is the million dollar question! How safe is he? Do you know anything about the guy - name, contact etc.? STATS are irrelevant due to the fact of that persons history! IF you can find out information about this guy, I think this will answer some of your questions! BECAUSE IF it does turn out to be HIV, he needs to know too! BUT I doubt it honey I really do! I think what you are feeling is more about guilt than anything else!

As I have stated to others I will state to you! I believe that humans do NOT make mistakes - they make decisions regarding the moment! Do you REALLY love this man OR is the relationship lacking! It is a hard question, but you stated "Wonderful man" you didn't say anything about your love for him (which I'm not saying you don't have) so perhaps you know he is wonderful, BUT you don't feel THAT way about him - as you mentioned "my partner is a lot older than me" Try and think about it honey!

Hey, thanks so much for being so positive. I am just freaked out waiting for the results to come out... It is such a disaster as I have no clue of my encounter's sexual history at all?? This is hopefully going to be some kind of nasty scare! Fingers crossed.

Hi all,

My results came back negative! Phew.......
What a relief!!
Perhaps this will be an encouragement to everyone and anyone out there who too is like me, that everything will turn out ok after all.

Now I am suffering from cough, sore throat etc.. (similar to the early symptoms of HIV).
This is due to weeks of not being able to fall asleep while waiting for that wretched results to come back and scaring myself to death while reading all the information on HIV and what not. Stress and fatigue can make one very sick too!

Before I sign off here, there was this HIV website i was on and the slogan reads out:--

"WHEN YOU SLEEPS WITH SOMEONE, YOU ARE SLEEPING WITH THEIR PAST."
(I only wish they put up posters that says this for it would have reminded me to behave and not gone through with what I did.)

FOR U GOT TO HAVE 79% FOR HIV DISEASE