Im just wondering how long after the onset of symptoms does HIV antibodies show up? im very frustrated and just wish this was all over. I had sex with a sex worker, a street level sex worker. I wore a condom, and found a abrasion ( cut )  in my pubic region after this was over. I then developed a penile ulcer and a bout of painful urination afterwards ( i researched this is a sign of the viremia spreading 3-11 days after infection ) I think she either cut me with something infected, i got vaginal fluids on my penis head when taking off condom either with my hands or slippage coming off, or some other fluke and i got it. the condom didnt break, as i doubled checked it afterwards. 17 days after this i started to develope pretty much all of the possible ARS sympotoms.. i had a fever for about a week, i had the rash on my arms, back, chest, thighs, i got night sweats, and chills of course, severe muscle spasms and pain in various locations, very stiff are sore neck for about 5 or 6 days a few weeks after the onset of sympotoms, sore swollen lymph nodes in groin, neck, armpits, now the ones in my groin are still there and have been for past 3 weeks. Also had mouth ulcers, HEAVY malaise for periods of 5 days at a time starting with the fever originally. Waking up and having numb hands in the mornings. I have also had reccurent cold sores on my lips which i havent had since i was a baby.. I think this is most of the symptoms i experienced, hard to remember them all because it has been a very long and hard past 2 months for me considering how worried and scared ive been experiencing them all. My latest test was a 9 week negative rapid test, and i also had negative duo tests at 3, 4, and 6 weeks..  and i have a tiny bottle of hope still left that i might still test negative and maybe this is some fluke reaction from my body. It would be rad to just have some advice from someone who has gone through the same thing as me.. I dont know what to do, and im not ready to be hiv positive. Do yall think im really negative? 

Hi Jackson,

Our standard protocol is to test at exposure, to see if you already had been infected.

Test at 30 days.

Test at 60 days.  If the test is negative at this point it is VERY likely you are not infected.

Test at 90 days.  This confirms the prior.

Your test at 9 weeks is 63 days.  Yes, sometimes you may not show positive at that point but most do.  There are other illnesses that can produce some similar symptoms.

Are you planning to test again in another few weeks?  For peace of mind it may be a good idea.

Your negative. Stop worrying!