I have tiny little horizontal ridges/dents on just my thumb nails. If I take off polish it always sticks inside the indentation/ridges. I can buff them out a little but, but that makes the nails weak and sensitive. There is also a faint greyish/black vertical line that runs down the center of each nail. The nails don't look bruised per se, but they do have a purplish color in some areas particulary just above the half moon shape. Now both nails seem really dry and are splitting and peeling. I've had this for quite awhile and I do pick at my cuticles all the time, sometimes they bleed if I pick too much. I don't think I have any vitamin def since I do eat pretty healthy and have no other health concerns. Does anyone have any insight on this?

You should see your GP to rule out any sort of infection elsewhere in your body (the nails are often the first place to show the strain your body is under) and/or a dermatologist to rule out melanoma.

Have you had your iron levels checked. I have anemia, and this is how I found out - I was getting faint grey vertical lines up the center of my nail beds.