I have vertical lines going down my nails I'm not sure what they are? 

They are appearing on more than one nail are they because i lack something? Many people that i have asked told me it's because I have a lack of zinc yet, i'm not sure that's the case. Ever since I have had a injury under the nail I have never seen it normal again and this happened 1 or 2 years ago.(bleeding on the nail probably because I got hurt while playing basketball not sure) but that's probably not the case since it is appearing on more nails.

It looks like I drew a line with a black sharpie marker and than erased it but still leaving behind the line. The line is not dark it starts from the base of the nail to the tip but does not show on cuticle or under the nail. I did take a blood test from the walk-in-clinics and got no report back so its fine? I'm not sure I'm only 13 but am very cautious about this topic!!

Is it melanoma some type of cancer? Lack of zinc or vitamins? Not sure someone please reply!!

I had a dark line on my thumb that kept getting wider.  The Doctor looked at it and said it didn't look like cancer.  I started taking vitamins twice a day (since August).  Now, the line has disappeared into a very thin line.  Hopefully it will be gone by summer.  I know I wasn't taking care of myself, so I would say vitamin and protein deficiency.  Make sure you are eating properly and enough.

what kind of vitamins or protein u take because i also have light brown strip on my left thumb. tell me soon please