Last month I had a rash on my upper torso which itched terrable, went to a dermatologist, He diagnosed me with ring worm (sounds so growse) anyhow, I have these ridges in my thumb nails running horizontally across especially the left nail along with the nail feeling weak, is this due to the ring worm or could it be a iron defiency? I am going to the Dermatologist again in 2 weeks and this time I will NOT forget to show him my nails.. Thank-you in advance for your expertise!! Kim 8-|

I have deep horizontal ridges in my thumbnail beds. Had bumpy rash on my right pectoral area. Initially diagnosed with Tinea or Ringworm. Went to dermo. He thought it was numular dermatitis. Imagine my surprise when the biopsy came back with a diagnosis of mycosis fungoides - skin leukemia. This is very rare and the pathologists have a hard time identifying this. you need to get a biopsy to a superlab. A molecular study for T-cell gamma receptor gene rearrangement was performed by Tricore Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I met another MF patient whose doctors had a hard time diagonosing this; his biopsy ended up a path lab at Yale University. You must insist your biospy go to a super lab. This is a very serious, potentially life threatening disease. Mine went undiagnosed for probably 20 years. I could have avoided years of mysterious maladies had one doctor over the years looked at my nails beds and asked about any weird rashes.