I just have a question when I went and seen my doctor last month she said that my thyroid was normal but my hormones were a little high and it was nothing for her to be concerned about but we are still trying to determine whether or not I am pregnant. Isn't a higher hormone level indication of pregnancy? I have not had a period since October. Any input would be very much appreciated thank you.

Hi Jenn! Did you tell her that you are trying to get pregnant? Higher hormones CAN be a sign of pregnancy, it ALL depends on which hormones are higher! IF you could phone your doctor and ask which hormones she was talking about, then ask about the fact that you are trying to conceive! And see what she says!

Well at the appointment I told her that I was trying because she asked me about birth control and why I was not taking it and I said that I was trying to conceive. But she said that I could wait another cycle and then she would do another test and if the test comes out negative again then she wants to start me on provera to jump start my AF but I do not want to take it because I feel different and it is not normal for me to miss two periods. The nausea and most other symptoms have subsided but not the fatigue I am so tired all the time, she also checked me and said that I don't have any diseases and that I am perfectly healthy. I should have asked her when I spoke with her on the phone that one time which hormones were higher, I am definitely going to call them tomorrow and ask because I have to know. Thanks for the advice.

Hi jenn when you stated the test came out negative again, obviously you mean a pregnancy test, BUT when was the last test taken?

I am sorry I forgot to mention that point, the doctor did a urine and blood test and they both came out negative but on Dec. 31st I took a HPT and there was a very faint line so it was very hard for me to tell so Dec. 31st is the last time I took a test, I am so confused but I heard that alot of women don't get positives until they are like 11-13 weeks. >:(

Hi Jenn! That is incorrect! So when the doctor did her tests when was that? also have you had unprotected sex since then? And did you read the test right IN the right time frame?

Yes I read the test within the ten minute time frame and I have had unprotected sex since my doctor visit and she ran the tests on Dec. 17th.

Then since you took the test on December 31st I think you might just be pregnant!!!!! XD Because that was 14 days later! So I would hazzard a guess that this is more definitive! Take prenatal vitamins! So good luck honey and make an appointment with your doctor and have her run another test! Let me know OK? Good luck and health honey!

Thank you for your help I have an appointment to see her on Tuesday January 12th and I will post an update on here. Thank you very much.

Okay guys so I went to the doctor's today and told them that I had a positive pregnancy test on Dec. 31st and they did another urine test which came out negative why is that? Anyways the doctor gave me a prescription for Provera to induce my period but I have a gut feeling that I am pregnant, sorry for TMI, but I have alot of gas all the time, I am bloated, the nausea come through out the day, I have gained 3 1/2 pounds since I last seen her in December and there is a bony feeling buldge in my lower abdomen. Why did she not do another blood test or an ultrasound I am very sketchy on taking that medication, I don't know what to do, someone please help me! :'(

BEFORE taking the Provera, I want you to insist on both a blood test AND and an ultrasound! I don't believe this is in your best interests to MAKE your period come on, without finding out why you have ALL of these syptoms! Keeping in mind that this COULD be due to ovarian cysts!! They can give you the EXACT same symtpoms as pregnancy! I would like you to get to the bottom of that first OK? Also honey, I just wanted to point out that you would NOT have a pregnancy bulge at this stage! It could have to do with the gas OR even from the cysts - IF you have them! And then IF you do have them, there are 2 fantastic drugs - Metmorphine and Clonid that REALLY help you and increase your fertility!

No there is no buldge like a belly, I can feel in the very lower abdomen a bony like buldge but small in the lower abdomen plus if I was pregnant I would be almost 12 weeks so that is about the end of the first trimester. I hope I didn't sound mean because your the only one who has helped me I am just frustrated because I know my own body better than my doctor does and she is pissing me off already because I will regret if I take that medicine and something happens. Thank you so much for being the only good friend to me with this. My mother in law even said that she doesn't understand why they did not give me an ultrasound to pinpoint exactly what is going on. I want to call them tomorrow and request an ultrasound but I am afraid she will get mad at me, I am bad with facing consequences so I keep my mouth shut.