Okay, so here's the deal. The last time my girlfriend and I had sex was October 31st. She was on Depo Provera at the time. I always wore a condom and I never ejaculated inside of her, I would always pull out and do it off to the side.

She got off of Depo Provera in mid November (only had one shot) because she didn't like the weight gain, irregular bleeding etc.

This has been in the back of our minds ever since. Could she be pregnant? If she were she would be around 6 months along.

She's also had been having what we think are periods ever since. It seems like it's a regular period cycle (cramping, 5 days or so, that sort of thing). But there's also irregular spotting in between. For example, she started her last one on April 17th, was done by the 22nd and now she's bleeding again with cramps. However, we're not sure if these are real periods because of what we've read about Depo Provera affecting your cycle after getting off of the shot.

There's also the issue of weight gain. She was already gaining a considerable amount while on the shot. The weight gain has continued since she got off the shot and she feels like her belly looks pregnant. However, she can suck her tummy in, something I don't think would be possible if you were pregnant, especially this far along if she were. I have also gained quite a bit of weight since the winter. We're in college and on the weekends we'd usually stay in because it was so cold and just order food. That can put on the pounds fast.

Couple all of this with a negative home pregnancy test around Christmas time.

Could she still be pregnant? I realize that it's highly unlikely given the circumstances. But we're still really worried. We just want this 6 month nightmare to be over with.

I guess what it comes down to is, is it possible for you to be pregnant and not know it 6 month along? There has been no morning sickness, none of the regular tell tale signs. But we're still concerned.

Thanks for any help.

Looks like you were safe during sex.
I wouldnt worry. :-)

well my mom was exactly 6 months along when she found out about my sister... but with the way you described your sexual encounter I am about 99% sure you are safe and do not have to worry. she has no symptoms I believe you are fine.

Okay guys, she's really freaking out about this.

Is there any chance at all that there could be no symptoms 6 months in and her still be pregnant?

Is there really a chance that she could be pregnant, 6 months along, with virtually no symptoms? :-(

if your that worried go and get a pregnancy test. but by the sounds of it, and how you guys were protected I dont think she is :-)

like i said it happened to my mom but as far as your case goes I think you are safe like I said I am about 99% sure

Sounds like your clear

Well if you had a couple of test negative, then probably she is not pregnant.
Because pregnancy test would show after a first month is she was pregnant.

Did you go to a doctor for check out?

She has been waiting to go the doctor until we are done with school so she can to her primary doctor at home. Which will be as soon as next week, as we are moving back today/tomorrow.

Most important question: Is a pregnancy test pretty well guaranteed to be accurate if it's a month or over into the possible pregnancy?

As I know, after month or over of pregnancy, the test would shown that she is pregnant. Her level of hCG would rise, and 97% of test would show here that she is pregnant.
But you just have a week to wait until she goes to her doctor, and gets her self checked out, so hang in there just a little more.

All the best.