A few days ago, I used a needle (disinfected, of course) to remove an ingrown hair on my labia. I cleaned the area and thought nothing more of it. Well, two days ago I noticed a bump in the same area. It was sensitive to the touch but not painful. I thought it was simply a pimple. Now, it has evolved into something... scary. The bump has become much, much larger, red, hard, and painful. I looked it up and it sounded a lot like a boil. But I'm not sure. Instead of one central area that comes to a head of pus, there are maybe three or four little ones... So I took the advice for treating a boil. I used a hot compress then cleaned it with alcohol, applied Neosporin, and applied a band-aid. During the process, one of the little "pus heads" started leaking, just a little bit. The others did not. When reading about boils, it seemed like it came to a head and then popped and drained, in one whole motion. That's why I think this is something different maybe.

Like anything that goes wrong with the area, this has me freaked out. It hurts, it looks horrible, and I'm so afraid it's just going to get bigger or infected or something.

So, did the area of the previous ingrown hair become infected and result in this? Is it a boil, or something similar?

And what can I do about it to make it HEAL and GO AWAY???

Thank you....

It could be staph...i have sutoimmune disease lupus. got same thing was emarassed to tell doc or fiance until one day it popoed, did exactly what MRSA was. They hospitalized me it was MRSA.....Iv antibiotics took care of it...so dont shave dont do thing get to doc

Try warm water and mild soap then Peroxide. the doctor told me today.

dejolane

It sounds like a boil.  I woke up one day & found a bump had suddenly formed on my left labia.  At first it was the size of a pea & I mistakenly pressed on it after getting out of the shower & it did emit pus.  But then it got to the size of a grape.  After reading many home cures I tried the Prid salve that's supposed to draw out the infection. After applying the salve, i covered it with a gauze pad.  I used that in combination with rubbing povidine iodine on it & it has decreased to almost being gone.  It's taken 8 days to get to this point.  It never ever got a head on it as you would think a boil would.

How did the boil turn out ?

dejolane

Uh, she forgot to tell you about that little encounter with a stranger when she was mad at her boyfriend.

"Uh, she forgot to tell you about that little encounter with a stranger when she was mad at her boyfriend" .....

That's the EXACT reason why female's are so insecure of communicating these busses to anyone. People are ignorant and uneducated. And those are the people who seem to speak when they have no place. There are many things that cause these things (shaving, baths, etc.,). But, to be safe, let an ACTUAL Dr. give you advice.