I have really bad problem and I need help. Few weeks ago I have noticed boil which occur on buttock. I tried to treat it at home, but during this time I have noticed few more boils. I am really concerned about this boil and I don’t know what to do. Did anyone have the same problem, and maybe could give me some good advice about it?

I used to have something like that few years ago. I visited my doctor and she said I had a staphylococcus infection. Also she suggested me to try with the draw out salve, hot compresses. Everything cleared up fine within a week, and I wasn’t concerned about boils any more. After few days it seems like I have got another one boil. This one had gotten pretty big, about the size of a nickel, and I remember it hurts really badly. It was larger that the first boil I had gotten. It had started draining on its own so I saw definitely I need to see my doctor again. She suggested me to try with salve and hot compresses on it. I was really concerned about these, wondering if I still have a staphylococcus infection. My advice for you is to visit the doctor, who is the only one who can tell you why you have got this boil and is it staphylococcus and how you should treat it.

I had the same problem, it seemed like a large infected pimple/boil or spider bite. It got bigger & redder each day and started peeling away in layers. After looking on this site and getting a 2nd boil (both were on my chest), I went to the Doctor. She said it was likely a staph infection and gave me oral antibiotics, antibacterial cream, and surgical scrub soap to clean the area. My advice - DO NOT try to squeeze it!!! Staph is on everyone's skin and sometimes cause these boils which won't really hurt you, but if you squeeze it, you can open up avenues for a major infection! Keep it clean, wash your hands if you touch them, clean your clothes that touch them each day, and go to the Dr if it gets really bad or if you get fever/body aches.