This post is an extension of the

Labia minora bump/blister/cyst thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

Hi:
I'm sorry, I have not seen the first thread info. I would like to be helpful by advising that you not be sexually active until you have the bump or cyst checked. There is always the possibility of an STD.. Better safe than sorry. I would not try to guess about this. It's important to get the facts, even if you doubt the possibility. Good luck to you. We will be hoping for good news.

you might want to actually read the original topic and posts before passing judgment and assuming that we all have an STD. I have been checked, have only been with one man in my entire life, and still have these cysts. they're NOT STDs, they're CYSTS. and as like any other cyst, they will not go away.. they go down for a bit and then flair back up.

i have only been getting these since being on birth control. thinking about stopping usage and seeing what happens.

Oh man, This whole thing has freaked me out. I started having one of these bumps the other day and I've been thinking it was an allergy. I've been reading through a lot of the posts on here and it sounds really stress related. I've been super stressed lately, mind you, I was diagnosed with an over active nervous system and fibromyalge this past year, so it could easily be that my stress levels are way off track because of that. I know when I'm really stressed my legs start to hurt. Also, I don't think it has anything to do with the pill. I haven't been on it for about a year. After reading all this I think I'm going to get this checked out by my doctor.

I googled this on a whim and was surprised with all the responses. I'm 28 and I've had a few of these before on my left side, labia majora. Always gets to pea-sized and most of the time I don't notice until I've happened to come across it in the shower. Most of the time it doesn't hurt (until I've messed with it, of course). I've never brought it up with my doctor, always just assumed it was an ingrown hair because it certainly popped like a big ole zit. lol. And once it pops, you can barely feel where it was in the first place and generally goes away within a day or two completely. From what I've read from other posts, it does seem to happen when I'm extra stressed, so I'm not too concerned about it being anything to worry about. My advice to anyone who gets one of these, if they are up-to-date with their check ups, std tests, etc and/or your doctor has told you not to worry, or its just something you have to deal with, etc is don't worry! If it hurts, use hot compresses, try not to mess with it. Treat it like you would a really bad zit or ingrown hair and try to help it get better. As someone else said "Think loving thoughts at it" lol.

I have experienced lumps in my vaginal area for so many years I have lost count. The bumps aren't always the same though. Sometimes they are like big zits and they pop that way. Some seem to be filled with only blood. They have come in different sizes and in different places from the labia majora to the labia minora to in between. I have even had one right at the opening of the vagina. Right now the one I have is a doozy. This one is most definitely a cyst. It is located near the tip of my labia minora on the right side and is about the size of a small marble. My labia are long so it sometimes hurts to walk or sit.

At my last Ob/Gyn appointment, I mentioned to my Dr. that I had been experiencing these for years and he said it was because of my weight. I am very overweight. He said that pores tend to get clogged more.

My current beast is large and tender. I have taken the initiative to drain it myself. It was almost gone and then it returned and I had to drain it again. It is a clear liquid. I would like to show it to my doctor so he can treat it, but time is an issue since I have 2 jobs. Its just easier and quicker to do it myself. I will try some methods suggested here in this forum like a hot compress or tea tree oil and see if that works.

Hi, I'm 40 y.o. and I too have had a small little bump on the left side of my labia minora. I didn't even notice it until I went to the bathroom one day and felt something. It popped and went away and now it's starting to come back again. It looks like the other cysts I have on the outer Labia Majora, but small like a pinhead white head. My nerves have been on end for a few weeks now I suffer from Anxiety and from reading others posts I see stress can play a part of this, as well as being over weight which I am by probably 20 lbs for my height. I've never had these before and it worries me even more. I can't get in to the doctor for a few weeks. It honestly looks like a small zit. I know I need to calm down. I am also PMSing could this also be related?

thank the heavens for the internet, sure beats sitting at home being terrified, embarrassed and horribly conscious of not having health insurance. I've read a lot of the postings, and must add that I'm 40, have had two of these in the past 40 years, and then suddenly in the past week have had two bigger than the other two put together plus I also have the world's biggest zit on my chin, seems more than coincidental to have three big ugly red/yellow nonresolving bumps within a week, you know? I am unemployed, single, not sexually active/not on birth control, less stressed than when I was working, particularly as I can still pay the rent for a while at least due to careful savings, although am feeling spectacularly lousy about my future which is not unstressful, but being able to sleep as much as you want is heavenly as is not being yelled at for things you can't possibly have had any control over, which happened all the time in your average work day! I don't think I'm overweight - 5 foot 8, I think I'm about 160 lb, a size 8-10 if that helps - as some posters have noted they understood was a possible common theme - but the biggest change is that in the past month my antidepressants were changed to citalopram (former brand name Celexa) and apparently "acne" is a symptom. From what I read acne and cysts are at least bastard cousins and it certainly seems as though the end result is similar. 'Acne' is apparently a side effect of citalopram/Celexa as may be migraines, and I've had one of those m***f***s too. Much sympathy to all of the other posters but thank you for telling your story because it has helped me feel less weird.

I know this has been said many times already... but, thank goodness I found this thread! I have been experiencing this since I was about 17 years old (now 32). It happened a couple of times in my teens, then disappeared entirely until my late 20s, but has been rather consistent since. I have been totally freaked out about it for awhile. I get regular paps and have been tested for STDs (as has my husband). Some of you have mentioned a possible connection to weight, but, while I am currently slightly over weight, I was definitely not overweight when they started to appear in my late teens. I am not on birth control. I have given birth twice. Have no known hormonal problems. Can't say whether they are connected to stress, as I don't remember a time when I wasn't stressed. I do shave "down there," but didn't when they first appeared. And they don't seem to be connected to my menstrual cycle. There is no rhyme nor reason to when they appear.

It never occurred to me that they may be cysts. I have scoured the internet on and off for years, trying blisters, bumps, pimples, sores, pustules and everything else I could think of... always coming back to sites on herpes, but as many of you have mentioned these "blisters" never match the symptoms described or pictured for herpes. Anyway, cysts make sense. Over the years I have had different types of benign cysts on my wrist, in my sinuses and in my mouth. I had a doctor tell me once "Some people are genetically predisposed to cysts." But, I've never had a cyst that ruptured through the skin and discharged this puss and blood (I have had cysts pop internally and it is VERY painful)... so, it never occurred to me these may be cysts, as well.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and "home remedies." But, I am most thankful for the peace of mind this thread has given me. I plan on discussing this with my doctor on my next visit, but for now, am feeling much more at ease.

Ahh, the internet is a wonderful invention isn't it. Having read all (ok, not all but lots) of the posts, I am no longer concerned about my bump (except I don't like the idea of reoccurance very much) , but thought I would pass along my details for comparison sake. Mine showed up soon after my period, which was my first period in 7 years as I was on Depo Prevera which in 25% of people causes menstruation to cease. Because of concerns about my bone density I recently switched from Depo to the Evra patch, and got my period right on schedule after removing the 3rd patch. My stress level might be a bit higher than usual, and coincidentally I also came down with a sore throat/cold like thing too. Thanks to everyone for all the open, honest and anonymous information.

I have news for all of you...several days ago I got another of these cysts and I am 65!! o.O I've had them off and on since I was in my twenties. As others have said, it may be caused by mental stress or physical stress (I'm just getting over a miserable ten day cold), or who knows maybe it's caused by a full moon. One thing I know for sure, thank heavens for the Internet and the recsourcefulness and courage of all of you to look for answers and reach out to your sisters!

I cannot even begin to describe my relief at knowing I'm not alone! *whew* I'm 21 and first discovered a pea-size bump on my left labia minora last night. Needless to say, I thought the absolute WORST. My thoughts jumped immediately to an STD, but STD didn't feel right because with like 8 years of sex ed, the sore didn't match any STD. Then I thought of a tumor or a cyst. Then I thought it might be another spider bite (I received one from an obliging spider 2 or 3 weeks before on my foot). Then I thought "I'll google tomorrow to see what happens". :-) Then I found this page! RELEIF!!! Thanks for the suggestions to heal these pesky things!!! I can't really use the epsom salt method because I only have a shower in my dorm room, but I do have saline wound wash stuff that I think will be useful. I'll have to fetch some tea tree oil too... And maybe do some breathing/yoga exercises for relaxation and happy thoughts...

I'll throw in a little personal info of things that seem relevant... I'm 21... This is my "first time", so to speak, with such an occurance... It happened toward the end of my period... on the left labia minora (which is a little longer than my right... :/ )... I used pads this past period... STRESS: Tons!... I'm a full-time college student with 18 hours currently... I'm in a public speaking class which makes me nervous just thinking about it... midterms are soon... I found the little bump after driving through an area of tornado warnings... yeah, I think that'll do it to ya! I'm about 5'5", 130 lbs, pretty average, keep pretty good hygiene "down there", and I don't have any medical conditions to speak of. Not depressed as other people report, nor am I on birth control. I am not sexually active (since February), but my boyfriend and I do plan on making love more often, but we shall see (using protection of course!!!)

Thanks again sooo much y'all!!!

It sure is a relief to know that there are so many of us with this problem.

I got my first one when I was a teenager, about fifteen years old or so, and back at the time I was terrified. I was a virgin so it obviously couldn't be an STD, and I was so scared that I didn't tell anyone and instead suffered in silence. It got very big, about grape-sized, it was right at the opening of my vagina and it made walking and sitting very painful. It was a disgusting thing, filled with pus and blood, but it popped on its own one day... when it did, I finally got the courage to ask my mum about it, and was relieved when she told me it was a normal thing and that they went away on their own. My mother is an x-ray technician, very informed about medical conditions and generally paranoid about any of us getting ill, so I was very relieved when she reacted naturally to this information and only scolded me for not telling her before so that she could have reassured me sooner.

I'm now twenty-four and I got my second one, on my labia minora and close to my clit. It's still small for now (pea-sized) and as much as a pain as the other one, but I'm going to have it properly checked this time. I'm just glad I read this post before I did anything, though; I had half a mind to make it pop on my own, since because of where it is it makes even wearing jeans extremely uncomfortable. I have noticed, though, that taking ibuprofen reduces the pain and discomfort quite a bit, in case it helps someone.

My 14 year old daughter just confided in me that she has a bump like a pimple on the inner labia. It hurts when she wipes.

She had her first HPV shot in October (2 more to go). How many of you have also had the HPV vaccination? Wonder if it is related?

hello fellow sufferers!! i'm so thankful i found this board a few weeks ago. i've had a few of these monsters in the past 6 years. a couple on my butt cheeks and one at the crown of my girly bits. about 2 weeks ago i came down with a bump high up on my lip near the hood, on the inside. i assumed it was a pimple of some kind and started trying to get rid of it. after quite a bit of swelling and no success i turned to the internet and discovered i was not alone!

i've visited the site off and on since i found it, looking for a user's cure. to my dismay, no one recommended popping it. i wanted soooo badly to just prick it with a needle and be done with it! i managed to leave it alone though, and for a week the swelling went down and there was just the pea sized bump. (the other times ive had one they were on the outside skin and pop-able)

a few days ago it flared up again. i returned to this site for some courage, haha. this morning i used the shower head to soak the area (i dont have a tub), and wore cotton underwear to try and let it breathe. i didnt notice much of a difference except that it was wayyy more tender to the touch and there was now a visible outline of the culprit (no lighter 'head'). it was an oval the size of two peas. (it kind of looked like when you get a pimple in a stretch mark, but down there. i thought that may have been the case at first since they are both so freakin hard to pop but who gets stretch marks on their vagina? lol)

anyway, i was having trouble sleeping tonight. im not sure why, maybe i was half unconscious, but i separated the lips where my bump was and gave myself sort of a.. cotton underwear cameltoe wedgie? it sounds disgusting and uncomfortable.. it kinda was.. my thinking was that if the bump is supposed to breathe it shouldnt be smothered by its right side counterpart. so i fell asleep with my underwear in between only the top of my girly bits, just at the hood.

i woke up at 3 to use the bathroom and noticed some wetness up high where my panties touched the bump. i wiped and found the b****r had burst! yay!!!!! there wasnt as much puss on the tissue as i had expected. the little squeezing i could tolerate produced watery blood, and was very stubborn. now the bump looks like a blister :-( or what a pimple in a stretch mark looks like afterward. but its far less tender. i dressed the blister with some tissue and put on a new pair of underwear in case it leaks anymore. its pretty uncomfortable so i dont know that i'll be able to keep this up throughout the day, but hopefully the swelling and tenderness will go down while i sleep.

im pretty sure it was the agitation of the underwear on the bump that made it burst. when i ran my finger over the bump before it popped, it felt like a semi mushy swollen grape with a thin skin. (is that too graphic? haha) it feels similar now but not as swollen.

im not sure my situation is good advice to you ladies suffering out there, but i wanted to share my experience in case it helps any of you.

has anyone else had this blister like appearance? do you think these are caused by friction?