i have this big boil on my lower left labia.it has been there for four days now,i cant walk nor sit,its so painful.and i think another one is growing on the right side too. what could this be? somebody help pleas

You should see a doctor immediately, TODAY.. or as soon as possible, tell them its urgent.

I had a lump on my right labia and I went to the doctor and it was a cyst. If it is just a cyst, it can be removed in the doctors office in a few minutes. It doesn't even hurt that bad. They freeze you up and take it out. Just make sure you have a doctor that knows what he is doing because mine was clumsy and sewed me shut then had to remove those stitches and redo it!

Hi...I get these too sometimes if I am a bit run down. They usually go away within a week. I keep the area as clean as I can and treat it with betadine antiseptic or Iodine and it will eventually burst and get better on its own. Sometimes another one can develope on the other side and it may bleed a bit when it burst. Even so, I advise that you go and see you doctor just incase its something else. You may just need to increase your vitamin intake to prevent them from coming back. He/ she will help you with that. Rest assured that alot of girls go through this.

oh my god i have one in the same exact place and i don't know what to do about it and it is quite painful but i still can walk ans sit and stuff its just when i try to touch it hurts really bad

I get these also. I have been to a couple of doctors and they both told me that it is nothing more than an ingrown hair. What I do when they get painful is use a needle to break the skin then drain it. Usually a lot of puss and blood comes out then it heals. It really helps the pain to drain them. Sometimes it takes a few days to actually get them to drain and I may have to drain them twice before they completely heal. Hope this helps.

i kno how u feel i had one on my upper left labia and i cudnt walk i had to keep my legs open wen im sleepin it burnt me and i cried i put a heatin pad on it all the time then on the third day i woke up and it started leakin alot of puss on its own and altho it felt like a blister i still squeezed all of it out and then went to a doctor and he said yes it was a boil caused from sweat glands thats wat i had cuz my whole left thigh was killin me and it can also be caused from cuts and much more but the thing is u have to be careful cuz if it burst u cant let the pus get all over ur skin cuz its contagious and it can cause other boils to form soo uu have to go to the nearest pharmacy or doctor and get a spray called BOILX it will work in no time

This will be my 3rd time having this, it is very painful & annoying, can't sleep for the pain. I have tried to burst it but because where it is I can't touch it as I start shaking because it is that painful.  The last time I had one I sat on the toilet beside the sink & put a little extremely hotwater in it with a drop of detol & bathed it with cotton wool, I done this every hour on the hour & it worked great, the relief of seeing it burst is unreal because then it reduces the size of the labia & the pain is much much less that it was, but I kept at it until I was satisfied all the puss was out of it.

So basically do as I did & it will help bring it to a head & burst quicker than doing nothing, but if you feel that you have one starting again, go straight to your doctor & get an antibiotic, this will stop it in it's tracks, I wish I had got the prescription a few days ago when it wasn't so bad, but it's at the stage of making me feel sick, but as I was near the doctor yesterday I went in & asked for a prescription for this reason & it will be ready for collection today after 3pm, so as soon as hubby gets it I'm doubling on it to give it a kick start as I have another boil in the crease of my leg at the hair line of the bikini but it doesn't hurt at all, just an annoying lump, & when I press on it it just bleeds from a tiny hole, so hoping the antibiotic will help with that one too.

I hope this has been helpful to you & anyone else who gets this problem.  It really is not nice especially as this is the day before Christmas Eve but at least I got my prescription before the surgery closes for Christmas.

Thanks, Trish75, this info helped me so much.now I know what I'm dealing w for sure & ways to get the help I need. Your detailed answer is so helpful!

Holly Gosh ! I have a boil with two heads on the right labia majora. I tried to soften it so it would burst....not water with salt. However, because it did not work I went to the doctor because of the pain. He gave me Flucloxacillin (250mg four times a day) for a week BUT told me to return in two days time in order to lance it, I assume.
Getting really worried. The pain is bad enough now !
What bemused me is he and the nurse said do not try to use not water in order to burst it. Methinks this would be less painful.
What do you think ?
Thank you in advance.