Hi there,
I have had a couple of pimples lately, one under my armpit which started off looking like an ingrown hair but with a pimple head. I popped it and it got infected and bigger and very red and swollen around the area, like a boil. I was bathing it with saltwater and put betadine on and covered it over with a band-aid. The sore became larger and bigger and the skin around it was becoming soft and sort-of peeling away a few layers. I ended up with a small hole wound in my skin which was very hard and slow to heal.
After about a month it finally seemed to heal, but has left a scar.
Then the same thing happened - just before the other one healed completely - on my abdomen, at the top of my bikini/knicker line (this sore also ended up with a small hole in my skin) and then again on my breast, just before the next one healed. These were all about a month ago, and now I have another one popped up on my breast, this time in a different spot. Each spot has been left with a small scar.
This latest last one started as a small whitehead pimple, last night, and grew overnight to be quite a bit larger, and had a large red irritation rash around it. I popped it, (which I probably shouldn't have done ) and it looks like the same thing is going to happen. If I put antiseptic cream on the dressing I cover it with, the sore seems to become infected with this cream, just adding to the problem, and becoming pussey. This one has not swollen up, but I have only bathed it with saltwater and put a small amount of betadine on the band-aid, since, going on the last one I treated healed within about 2 weeks. I think it would be better open to the air to heal. Being on my breast it is at least protected by my bra and not having my jeans or knickers agravating it, or on the armpit where sweat probably prolongs or adds to the infection. Any suggestions much appreciated. Should I go to the doc for antibiotics? Thanks, Mandy

My husband is having the exact same problem. Did you find an answer to the cause or the cure?\\thanks

I have also had this problem.. Any luck in finding an answer?

I have had this happen to me 3 times. The first two times became so badly infected and inflamed that I went into the doctor. They created incisions to drain out fluid and put me on antibiotics. Squeezing is tempting but HORRIBLE. It caused the infection to spead like wildfire underneath the skin. I also learned that when the area gets hot, swollen, inflamed...it may not be that bad. Very often, infections like you guys described are very small, but the area just gets swollen and painful. In the beginning, when it's in a pimplelike stage, I put rubbing alcohol on the area and applied a hot compress. Do this multiple times a day for 20 minutes at a crack and it will draw out the infection. I kept the area covered with a bandage while I worked and had to stay fully clothed. Also, make sure that when you are tending to your "owwie" that you clean your hands before you touch any other part of your body to avoid spreading infection. Use my advice and put a hot rag/compress on the area! It works wonders! And take a Motrin/Aspirin/Tylenol to help bring swelling and pain down. Motrin worked the best for me. I hope this helps!

I had the same problem, it seemed like a large infected pimple/boil or spider bite. It got bigger & redder each day and started peeling away in layers. After looking on this site and getting a 2nd boil (both were on my chest), I went to the Doctor. She said it was likely a staph infection and gave me oral antibiotics, antibacterial cream, and surgical scrub soap to clean the area. My advice - DO NOT try to squeeze it!!! (I did & shouldn't have.) Staph is on everyone's skin and sometimes causes these boils which won't really hurt you, but if you squeeze it, you can open up avenues for a major infection! Keep it clean, wash your hands if you touch it, clean your clothes that touch it each day, and go to the Dr if it gets really bad or if you get fever/body aches.

I am 25 and do not have kids. I get these type of pimple things on my breast. I went to the doctor where they used a swab and scraped at it to get some of the puss....This made the "spot" grow four times in size. I took antibiotics for 10 days and put on a topical cream....now i have a nasty scar. This was about two months ago now....this past week I got a new spot...I put the topical stuff on it and it seemed to go away but now I have another scar. The spots are red and hard, they are under my nipple by about two finger spaces. I never did hear anything back from the doctor about the test they did with the swab so I have to assume it is nothing serious. If anyone knows about these things please tell me how to make it so they don't come back.

I would recommend that you get an Antibacterial Soap like Dial. Get the one without any scent, the one that is gold or white. This will kill the germs. Whatever you do, do not pop them as they will spread and multiply.

i have one of those boil things too right b4 the edge of my nipple. th first day i thought it was a little pimple so i think i popped it i dont remember then it just got huge and stared to turn red and hurt alot and got very hard. i popped it once it got hard and i thought it would go away but about a week later i was just touching it and it felt like the skin that was flaking from it b4 just came off so i looked at it and i had ALOT of green puss mixed with blood flowing out of it i mean it was ALOT i had to run to the bathroom and use papertowels. that happend about 20 minutes ago and its still bleeding alot and i put toilet paper in my bra. should i go to the hospital if the bleeding continues or is it normal cuz the blood doesnt seem to end! HELP PLEASE!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO??!
also i am only 17 i have a picture of the boil frum wen it was pussing im really scared its cancer or something please someone tell me what i should do!

Try to take Lysine 500mg a day every day and when you see one attempting to flare up take 2000mg in the morning before you eat and at bed time for 3 days and then continue your routine 500mg daily...It will also clear you acne. This vitamin should be taken with acidophilus. Good luck!

Hidradenitis Suppurativa:
-clogged sweat glands
-when popped, pus comes out, followed by blood
-pus can be foul smelling
-usually appears in armpits, butt, breasts, or pubic region
-if popped, they will continuously come back
-eventually leaves scarring and the scars may form a tunnel (after many years)
-usually reoccur in the same spot

I have the same thing. I have had it for years. I hate it; it sucks!! I've done allot of research, and this is what makes the most sense. Google it! If anyone finds anything else or agrees, let me know, I'd love some feedback!!

I had gotten two of these; one in my armpit and another on my pubic area. They both popped and left scars. I treated them by not shaving the areas for quite a while. Boiled water with epsom salt, let it cool, and soaked the areas twice a day. I used antibacterial soap in the areas when showering every time and every day. Did not use the same towel again-washed it after every shower-NO BATHS, will just spread the infection. As many times as possible a day would rub in anti-bacterial cream. If already popped and oozing I would wash it with anti-bacterial soap ( I boiled the water and let it cool), poured peroxide on it, applied anti-bacterial cream, and then an ace bandage to prevent the puss from touching another area, then washed my hands thorougly with anitbacterial soap. I did this every day and sometimes three times a day. I washed my hands over and over and over again with the antibacterial soap. I also went to the doctor after they were gone and went on antibiotics after they were gone just in case. Changed my sheets everyday (including pillowcases). Washed all laundry that was in contact with me (especially clothes, towels, and again bedding;event even the comforter) in hot water and bleach. Disinfected the entire house with lysol and in the bathrooms with bleach-especially the shower. Hope this helps.

I suffer from the same problem. Im 15 and ive gotten probobly over 30 of them over the years. It all started right after i came back from a trip to ukraine. Maybe i was exposed to something that still hasnt left my body.

I have 2 of these "pimples" at the moment. One is on my leg and the other if on my bikini line.( unbelievably painful) Ive been to the doctor about it multiple times and once he even popped it, drained it by pushing on it, and charged about 100 dollors for it. As if i couldnt have done that myself. I dont suggest the antibiotics they give you because thought they help keep the infection away for a few months, it makes your immune system weak and the infection comes back only bigger and more painful.

Im still working on getting rid of this condition for good, but for now i'm just trying to speed up the process of an infection.
Here are some things i have done over the years. If you can see there is pus and you want to get it out:

-PLace a peeled aloe plant on it. This draws the pus out over time.

-Put an onion in the oven for a few minutes so it gets warm and place it on the infected area. Be sure its not too hot. But the onion does a good job of staying warm, especially overnight

-stay away from sugar! It feeds the infection!

-a Natural doctor told me to try staying away from milk, because many believe there are very harmful things in it. I havent been able to do this yet, becuase i just cant live without my milk!

-Tree oil can sometimes work if you catch it early on. but be careful because it may burn your skin and possible leave a scar. Dont do it on sensitive areas. The tee tree oil i have is from a company called melaluca( spelling)

Good luck to all of you, if i think of any other tips ill be sure to put them up

back in the day before people really knew to much and assumed a boil/ cyst was caused bye just staph infection alone .. or being unclean .. there may be another reason for this health issue .. it could mean that you are diabetic
there is a treatment the dr can give you for 10 days to stop the boils/cyst but about 4 months after they come back so get yourself checked for diabities and very quickly before it gets out of hand just because i had no idea and had bad doctors up untill now i had no clue so im left with the scaring all over legs under arms and breast . there is no cure for the scars if you got the core out the purple marking in that particular one will go away or many years of healing on its own . me im still trying to find ways to hide the scaring and get rid of it but nothing i have tryed over the counter will work for it to gather electasity back in the skin around it there is this stuff called bio oil that dose help some its pretty cheep gl with your boil issue and i hope you can get them to stop soon before your skin is completely tore up

it sounds alot like what happened to me i was getting them but they seemed to appear more like boils,i went to the doctor and he said it was an overgrowth of bacteria,he said it has nothing to do with not being clean or anything just your body and immune system didn't fight it off like it should have,he gave me bactroban a nasal swab to kill the bacteria ( he said staph germs live in your nose! so every time you rub your nose then rub something else it spreads) and he gave me an antibiotic,bactrim they've hurt so bad but i'm glad to finally be getting rid of it because i thought it was way worse than it actually was,i don'tk now if this is what's wrong with yall,but maybe it will help somebody,it just started out as super super itchy skin,all over and that lasted about a month before anything showed up,i was sure i had just developed an allergy and tried EVERYTHING but the doctor said itch lotions or washes or antibiotic ointments wouldn't help it as it was inside ,he told me to use phisoderm and bathe with that ,take vitamin c and vitamin a and the medicine as directed =]] ;-)

i was told 2 use ichthammol ointment , it is @ CVS pharmacy, you hav 2 ask 4 it (its behind tha desk)

i've been usin it 3 days an no better so far but i've heard wonders on this product