alright everyone i need your help i have had a boil for about a week now i went to the doctor two days ago about it he ask me if they were treating it and i said no so he prescribed me ic sulfamethoxazole/tmp ds tabitp i have no idea what this is for he did not tell me if you know what that is let me know. Well last night i put a band-aid over the boil with some neosporin and i go and check it today it had busted, the slight pain that i had has gone away now, i put another band aid over it with some more neosporin, i need to know what are the signs if staph had gotten in, would i have been able to tell by now it has been nearly a day now and no pain so please let me know, also let me know what else i should be doing with this busted boil?

i think you do have the staph they should maybe give you cream. they tould me to put thriple antibiotic cream on a boil that busted i got staph when i was 14, and latley i got a lil pimple thingy and it looked like one of the boils i got when i was 14, andi told the doc when i had a ear infection and he gave me that too he told me it should take care of the staph thing too and iv finshed the scrip and the boil/pimple and its gone.

when i had the boil it was dark, ichy, hurted,pus,its contages so if the puss got on somthing is carring the MRSA so disinfect it

i dont know much but this is all

the best treatment for a boil is heat and antibiotics. the heat will draw it to a head and when it bursts, keep it covered with a band aid and neosporin.
you MUST finish the antibiotics!!!