what is causing the raised boils or spots is it wearing tight pants etc or what

It could be ingrown hairs and skin bacteria. It is callef folicullitis when the bumps are small with tiny white dots on top. It goes away in a few days and these are infected infrown hairs.

Infected ingrown hairs can also get inflammed and become big, red, painful bumps. They are harder to get rid of. You may need to use a hydrocortise cream and some kind of an antibiotic ointment.

I get these all the time!!! :-(

i think i have one of those in my pubic area, and it hurts bad, but it's got a hint of grey. any answer for that?

I just went to the doctor for an irritating red sore like bump on the inside of my thigh. It turns out it's a boil (thank god!). She drained it (ECK!) and gave me an antibiotic. She said it was from going jogging. (Sweat pluse friction)

The antibiotic is important becase it's a skin infection which can turn into a blood infection. My 21 year old cousin died form blood poising this past Dec. from an infected zit on the back of his neck. No kidding. I'm serious. GO TO A DR.!!

I have had this problem for awhile now. It's really embarrassing to talk about but I need some help. Im only 16 and I've had these. They're like over sized pimples and i get them in my pubic area. If I try to drain them pus comes out usually white. Sometimes blood though if I try to drain it too much. ive gone to the doctors over and over and they cant figure out what it is. Ive tried taking antibiotics but they just don't go away. Ive only had sex with 1 girl so I don't really think its an STD because she was a virgin too and I had had them before that. Can I please get some advice that can lead me in the right direction to get rid of them? It will be very very appreciated.

I get these a lot. Don't worry it is an ingrown hair. I have gone to several doctors and no one can say why and have been on courses of antibiotics for it which does nothing for it. If you shave your bikini line and more like I do you will be prone to getting them. Just exfoliate before you shave and use a new razor and wear loose fitting clothing. Also you may want to wax.

It sounds to me like Hidradenitis Suppurativa, go to http://www.hs-foundation.org/ to read about it. I have them too, just knowing what it is helps.

I had a swollen pubic hair infection yesterday, and I found an interesting way to get rid of it. I realized the swollenness of the mound was extended underneath my skin too, so whatever was making the mound so big was also subcutaneous. I pinched the area around my skin, squeezed it a little, and saw pus come out. I then squeezed it really hard, and boom! A transparent grey ball came out covered with blood/pus. The gray ball had two hairs in it; half of one of the hairs was inside the grey ball, and the other half of the hair was growing outside of the grey ball. I've never seen anything like this come out of my body before, but the mound got smaller after that. I kept squeezing the swollen area and more blood/pus came out--the mound kept getting smaller. I washed the area with soap and warm water to clean the area, and this morning I looked at it, and now the swollen mound is significantly smaller. I think getting that grey ball lodged underneath my skin was causing the problem, and now the swollen skin is healing because it's finally gone.

I'm not sure I would recommend doing this because I read online you're not supposed to squeeze the mound 'cause you'll make the infection worse. I just wanted to share my experience to give you some insight.

I too have something. It's so painful, it's on my upper pubic area on the left, right on my thigh almost. It seems like an ingrown hair but it is now really really red and huge. It's not so much a pimple as it is a large red mound puffing under my skin. It just showed up yesterday and I know it's not an STD.

I also have this problem. I can say that it not a STD, I hope, but most likely it isnt. My experience it mostly what the past writers have been saying. Its a large bump right around the top of my pubic hairs. It does hurt and you will constantly want to mess with it. I need to go to a doctor and have them officialy check it out. But its not the first time I have gotten this. It happens every now and then and it goes away on its own. I dont know why it happens though.

i think the hint of grey is the pubic hear growing inside it. If the ingrown never erupts, its doesn't mean that it doesn't grow. The grey color is due to the growing hair.

i normaly get theese alot but start small and hard then big and sour but they go away for a while well i get them 1 at a time usualy in the same place but then they come back i think its due to sweat i do wash often but im always doin sports and sweating but i dont realy know other than herpes/boil/or infection i just want to know if its serious

I've had these periodically...maybe one every 2-3 years. The one time that was really bad I went to the doctor and she tried to lance it...man I couldnt even let her stick the needle in to deaden the area. She said it had already come to a head and would burst on its own. By the time I got home, it had..I gues that little needle prick did the trick. So when it happened again, I was determined to not let it get that bad. My mom told me, as with any pimple, put a hot wet towel on the mound 2-3 times a a day. keep the area dry...and in a matter of 1 1/2 days...it was gone. The heat makes everything rise to the surface bringing it to a head. I also squeezed it after applying each hot towel to help it along. Theses things hurt like HECK...so I feel your pain.

hi i have found on the top off my vagina a few red spots with a white head on them im jus wondering if anyone knos wat they are i think its ingrown hair but dunt kno wat to do or who to talk to

I have been dealing with infected ingrown hairs for close to the last ten years. My doctor has offered to lance a really big one for me once, but by the time I had gotten to her office, it had already burst. I continue to get them, but can't stand the idea of her digging or cutting at it, it is too painful without all that! I have one right now that has gotten almost to the size of a marble and is affecting how I walk from the pain of it. I finally spoke up to a girlfriend of mine. She said that she gets them regularly too and that when she does, she applies a hot compress, cleans with peroxide, then applies a drawing salve (either one called Prid or ichthammol ointment 20%), then cover with a gauze pad. She repeats this twice a day until the hair is drawn out of the skin (but usually within the first day, she says). I don't know if this is going to work, but at this point, I'll try anything and it's much better than squeezing at it and causing the infection to go into the blood stream. I'll let ya know if it works!!