I really need some help. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a small bump underneath the skin on my labia minora (in the shower). I could feel it when I placed my fingers on either side of the lips. It did not "rise" or extend out but was a hard pea sized (painless) lump. Then, two days ago it came out and looked like a small zit but was still hard and did not appear to have anything in it. However, over the course of the day it grew and became sore. I finally took a mirror to examine it and with very gentle pressure it burst and bled a true red. It never itched and my area does not smell or have discharge. I have since tried to squeeze it more but nothing comes out but very little blood. It is a hard bump but I can see the pinprick "center" - like a hole in the top - but I didn't use a needle or put anything in it. It appears to just be there naturally. The bump is the same color as the rest of the area and is the only one of it's kind. I have never had any other bumps.

The big question is - what can it be? It had been there for weeks and only decided to rise to the surface in the last few days when it popped. Is it possible this is an STD? I am so scared and worried. I don't have health insurance and am scared to go to Planned Parenthood in case it IS something then I will have a pre-existing condition when I do get insurance...

Just need some clarity/thoughts. Could this be herpes?? HELP!! I am so worried and consumed with this thing.

Also, is it possible that I did myself harm by not properly disinfecting the popped thing? I was in a friend's bathroom and couldn't really make a scene so I simply washed my hands, wiped it up and left.

HELP!

Have the same thing... did you find out what you have?

Hey there,
Sounds like that might have been a sebaceous cyst - basically the infection of a hair follicle (hence the pin sized opening). Putting a warm wash cloth on these when they begin can help relieve pain and speed up healing. If it continues to come back you should see your doctor (they can prescribe antibiotics, or remove the cyst)
What you are describing is not a typical herpes symptom - but the vast majority of people who have herpes don't know. You can get a type specific blood test to find out your status there.

gfc

thank you... i think i have the same exact thing and this made me feel a lot better!

ok when i was in the eight grade i had a lump at the top of my clitoris not exactly on the vagina and it grew over a week ...very painful then i woke up and it was bleeding but my blood had white bubbles in it wut could that be ....since then i havent asked the doctor anything or told anyone could this affect me getting pregnant? ?

this is the same thing im exsperencing.started off with a painful bump end the center of my purbic hair line that just out of know were started burning and then it just capt growing as days gone buy.Out of know where I would jump because it burned so bad like menistrail cramps.On the thired week I decided to put preprationH on it and it caused it to ooz a small pin whole of vocanno pus that is greenish with lots of blood in it.I guest due to the core was the size of a fifty cent peice with a seed that was sticking up like a little bulls horn the size and shape of an almond.Then it started to look red and reder as you follow threw the views and symptoms. I have taken two HSV testing very complacating to follow.

I've had this exact same thing happen to me about two weeks ago. Asked my mom about it and she said that it was just a boil and not to worry about it. Then, today, after taking a shower, it happened again and excreted blood but it wasn't blood. This was watered down so it was slicker than blood.

Is there any home remedies that I could do? Any responses would be appreciated.

I had something just like this. It was a sebaceous cyst (infection in hair follicle) in the same area and mine popped on its own. It bled a little but I made sure to wash the area to clean it out the open sore and disinfected it. What you had was basically what I had. If you washed the area and made sure that it was empty then you should be fine, but if it shows signs of infection such as being painful or red then go to the doctor.

Sounds like molloscum contagiosum (sp?), especially with the pinprick center (divet) in the center. Search for pics online and see what you think. It's usually only in the genital area.

i have one from a boil that burst

It sounds like an ingrown hair to me... I wouldn't worry but because of the area I would go get it checked- just to be on safe side - good luck

Sounds like a cyst/ boil. My friend recommended I put a cabbage leaf on my nipple when I had a blocked duct and it was excreting some nastiness on par with what you described. It was soothing and it drained quickly.

This made me feel sooooo much better! I've had two and now I'm feeling much better because I didn't know what it was:)

I had a cyst also on the outside of my labia. I noticed it while showering and then it grew for a few weeks and then burst. I found blood on my underwear twice after that. I have to tell you after reading all these posts, I believe my was an ingrown hair follicle because I had just trimmed the hair down there and that is when it started. But, I went to my family doctor and she wants me to have a Pelvic Sonogram. There is a history of ovarian cancer in my close family. There is quite a bit of pain now, similar to cramps, but I have been through Menopause for 10 years and I am have not been sexually active for longer than that. (Severe back problems/spouse had prostate cancer). I saw you said "it sounds like cancer". I would like to know why you think that. Do you know someone that happened to? Or other information? Thanks in advance.

even I too have my labia manior as with some layer covered by blood with pain and itching. I couldn't walk properly and feel disturbed a lot. i examined myself by the mirror . I could see a small cracking on the labia layer I got shocked. may I know why do I get like this?????