I was hoping for a little advice before I go to a dermatologist. Basically, on my stomach there are three marks. Two of them are dark red, very tender, are thin and very close to the surface of the skin and are filled with blood. Somewhat similar to a blister. The other, however, seems to be further into the skin, is firm, not sensitive, and if I apply pressure a water like substance, and a liquid similar to puss or sebum comes out.

Before I had these on my stomach, I had something similar happen on my inner thighs, but since Ive switched jobs and sit at a desk more than I run around/stand, the problems with my thighs have nearly vanished, and now I have the ones on my stomach appear.

Im also a bit over weight, and the bumps appear where my stomach sits on my lap. The closest thing that I can think of it being is Folliculitis.

Any advice would be appreciated.

It would be nice to find a site that just straight out tells you what's wrong, because I am trying to find information on the same type of pimples I get on my inner thighs, that can be really sore and bleed a lot when I pop them. I think that they are caused by being overweight and the constant rubbing of the skin together, from the fact that I have noticed that people who ask about them tend to be overweight. However, I'm not expert. :-/

I've had the same thing happpen about 3 inches below my navel, but not near my private regions.

It was a blood filled pimple, which happenned after which i spent a night out not wearing any underwear but two pants that were made of plasticy material (they weren't cotton, probably composite like track pants).

I was running for a while at the beach and i noticed the day after something developed at the region which the elastic that holds the pants up rubbed against the spot, and it was the pimple.

I think the previous person was right, generally friction causes that, and i know it is advised not to pinch it as it might spread the infection to other tissues, its better to lance it by a doctor, because he will know when its the appropriate time (well developed)

it is caused by a common bacterial infection, thru entering of the sweat glands and if in its early developing stages an antibacterial medication for this common bacteria (staphyloccus) can be prescribed.

this is generally nothing to worry about as these infections causing pimples/boils are very common and are usually nothing serious.
the best thing would be to get a doctor to advise you something about it.

I was just googling this subject and found your situation.
I woke up with the same thing, probably the size of the bed of my pinky nail. It also developed overnight, right where my elastic band of my underwear sit. My husband said "you have to get that out of there and just pop it!" I was dumb enough to listen to him and let him pop it! OUCH!
I did go to the dr. that day she prescribed the z pack to me (allergy to pennicylin) and my last day of that is tomorrow. My neighbor told me about an old remedy called "black salve" that draws anything unhealthy (splinters, on pimples on the body...) it's tech. term is Ichthammol ointment. I used it for 3 days along with the z pack. It did just as she said! It pussed for 3 days and is almost flat now. My only problem is that I didn't use this first. I already had a hole there from my husband, so it hurt badly, but it worked. forewarning IT SMELLS! I dabbed it on with a sterile gauze pad then used sensitive tape to just tape that pad to my skin. Good luck!

If there are other symptoms such as rashes or red bumps, then it might be a case of skin cancer. I also have a pimple with puss and blood coming out from it and I also am overwieht, meaning this might be caused due to being overwieght. I would advise consulting your doctor or a dermatoligist. Also, rersearch for other symptoms of skin cancer and see whether you could relate to any of them.

my guess based on what i read would be Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS)
It's more common in woman then men, and more common in overweight people (tho it is not caused by being overweight, or a lack of cleanliness)
It's actually thought to be a lot more common then you might think, it's just often misdiagnosed, or worse yet, many people don't seek treatment because they find it embarrassing.

I am maybe about 20lbs over weight and I have one on a stretch mark, caused by having children, lol. Any way mine just has blood comming out when I squeezed it and the blood didnt run it was sticky and then normal blood and it only bleeds when I squeeze it. Its purple and a bit hard its a bump looks like a purple pimple, its kinda itchy and kinda hurts. What is it?

I have the same thing. It happened on my thighs and my stomach... and it does the exact same thing... I really want to know what it is.... Im kinda thinking of going in tomorrow or something.... But im not sure. Let me know on any updates. +D

Those can be from staph infections from what i have seen on the web, it sounds like their boils and if u look up boils u will find their frome staph infections boils can be alot like huge pimples frome what i gather, i also get some blisters under the skin that are full of blood and somtimes large pimple like boils the only diff in me is i know i defenatly have an infection i am very, very sick the infection seems to be in my sinsus and and other parts of my body. ps no antibiotics work fore me only thing i have found works if antifungals and the doctors wont perscribe them fore me,also herbal remedies fore infection seem to help a little u guys should start with these and see if things get better ur doctors will probly be of no help.They always tell me theirs no problem, as we speak i can barley breath i considider that serious.

You should probably switch doctors. If you're sure it's a staph infection, and your doctor refused to properly treat the staph infection with anti-fungals (as staph is a fungus), and your doctor is ignoring your symptoms, than you should look into getting a new doctor.

I had Staph a few years ago in my nose and they told me there really isnt any medicine to treat MRSA. But now days they do. Cause it is getting so common, but I would say go to the doctor.

Staph isn't a fungus. It causes a bacterial infection.

I had the same exact thing. Strange boil on the left side of my bellybutton, right where my belt line should be. It was huge and full of blood, but underneath the blood there was so much puss. I had originally tried to squeeze it dry but there was no end to it, but it did get smaller.

I then put some Bore' Cleanser on it, and left if there for the day. It got smaller and less red. I did it again, and again it got smaller.

Should I continue with my self-treatment or see a professional? It doesn't bother me anymore, and it's shrunk from the size of a half dollar to that of a dime.

Any suggestions?

Use Tea Tree Oil works great on boils it a natural anticeptic.:-)  Wash the area before applying also let the area get some air don't wear under wear or pants when you sleep this really helps. They usually clear up after a few days! I am also a woman who is overweight.

STAPH is NOT a fungus. It is a bacterial infection!!! The only way to find out if it is Staph is to go to a good physician and have a blood draw and culture and sensitivity done. Antibiotics are the ONLY medication which will take care of a staph infection. It is also highly contagious! Please go to physician!