Can you tell me how accurate the distances of routes on USA Track and Field are? When I ran with a friend who was a member of club at the time, it seemed to me that it was longer than I thought. It was not a professional training area, but still I reckoned that it was supposed to be accurate. What can you tell me about this association generally?

Of course the routes are accurate even at training grounds. USA Track & Field Association is an official organization and all their measurements and rules are very accurate. This association is involved in almost all important segments of the athletics. They organize coaching, youth programs, organize scientific research and provide referees. This organization is also a member of the Olympic Committee and participates in selecting the members of athletic team of the United States. I suppose that the track you were running on wasn’t official training track, because since this organization has a significant role in the improvement of athletics and controls rules, training tracks are rigorously measured. Such a serious organization wouldn’t allow for something like that.