I am not sure what to do. I have been experiencing all of the symptoms of pregnancy but still not sure that I am pregnant. I did not planed to have a baby, and now I am very scared to even buy a home pregnancy test. Basically, I am afraid of the results. Can someone tell me more information about pregnancy signs?

I imagine that you are smart enough to know that you need to go to doctor if you want to be sure if you are pregnant. Home pregnancy tests are usually not sensitive enough to detect pregnancy until about a week after a missed period. One of the signs that can tell you if you are pregnant is your basal temperature. If it stays the same and high for two weeks in a row than the chances are that you are pregnant. Also, a missed period is a pretty good sign, but I suppose you already know this. Frequent urination is very common, mostly because during pregnancy the amount of blood and other fluids in your body increases. This leads to extra fluid being processed by your kidneys and ending up in your bladder. This symptom may start as early as 6 weeks into your first trimester. As your pregnancy progresses frequent urination continues or gets even worse. Food aversions are very common and you may suddenly find that certain foods you used to enjoy are now completely repulsive to you. Morning sickness will not hit you until one month after the conception. However, some women start to feel it a bit earlier.

Hi,I am a couple of day's late,I am scared to take a pregnancy testb/c of the result's I have two kid's now and honestly i dont want any more kids's,but i have having lower back pains,abnimal cramp's and it seems like i have been more tired than usual,i ahve been short tempered also,i dont take birth-control,but my husband alway's pull's out right before,Could all these signs be a sign of pregnancy?I hade my last cycle around the 8Th-9th of December,me and my husband usually have sex just once a week, but the time that i really remember is the 23rd.of December,b/c it was that night that i started cramping in the lower part of my stomach,it wasent till after we had sex that i Realized that i could be ovulating b/c of my cramps,n-e way's it is now time for my cycle this month and have not started yet and have been having lower back pain's,tired and short tempered.Any ideas of what i should do and if these are signs of pregnancy.

Hi! Did you have these symptoms with your two first pregnancies?
I too had them. I read your whole post and then I thanked about it and I realized that there was a possibility that you were ovulating the night you had sex but you see, you don’t feel the cramping the night you get pregnant (as far as I know). Cramping usually means implantation, which is when fertilized egg enters endometrium and it is then you feel the cramping and may experience light bleeding. However, the implantation happens 7-10 days after ovulation. Then again, I may be wrong.

Why are you afraid to have a test? The sooner you realize, the more time you will have to decide what to do. Does your husband want more children.

By the way, congratulations on having sex once a week beside two children and being married. I, on the other hand, am not that lucky!

i need to know the symtoms of being pregnant.....i'm only 16 years old.....going on 17 and i think that i'm pregnant.....i need to know symtoms as soon as possible.....my period is suppose to come on june 13th or 14th and today is june 12th and i've been having mood swings and other things wrong.....so what to do and what are the symtoms and what to expect.....and also, what are the symtoms of your period coming?? thanks.....bye.....and if you have any suggestions.....please e-mail me at *********

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Mood swings are a very common symptom of PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome) which happens just before you get your period. You don't really have any pregnancy symptoms until after you are late for your period. If you are at risk of pregnancy, please go to a planned parenthood clinic and talk about birth control options. There are many discreet forms that parents don't need to know about.
P.S Please edit your post to remove your email address. Also, can you change your user name so that it isn't your email. Thanks

I have my period last may 27 ,2006. My husband and i had sex on june 9 and 11. Now i am experiencing some of the signs of being pregnant like nausea, frequent urination,my nipples are painfull too, headache and the feeling of having a fever. Is it possible to feel the signs and symptoms of pregnancy as early as 2 to 3 weeks? coz if ever i am pregnant now, im 3 weeks and 4 days already. Im not yet delayed but i just wanna know if it's posibble that i am already pregnant coz we really wanna have a baby now and cant wait for 1 week already to do the pregnancy test

I wondered if you could help me, im 18 years old and me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on the 28th,31st of may & the 11th June. I think i am nearly 4weeks pregnant because i am experiencing mild period like cramping in my lower abdomen & a slight ache in my lower back.I feel sick in the early morning upto the early afternoon then it goes away im due 2 be on my period this weekend so i will see what will happen i was very hormonal & emotional all last week and me and my boyfriend have split up for a couple of days. Could it be stress? or is it pregnancy all comments are welcome just need advice thank you Nicole

Hi. Usually you wouldn't get any morning sickness until you are around 5-6 weeks pregnant. If your period doesn't come this weekend then you could take a pregnancy test

so did you find out if you were preg or were the cramps and back ache stress related?? i am in the same situation that you were in please ...i need advice.

hi there
am in the same situation, and had unprotected sex since 30 july,but he didnt come inside of me on any of the days. my preiod was due on 12aug and today is the 19aug, did a home preg test and it came negative today, so still not sure if its too eary to take the test, beside i also went to the lab for a urine test the report will be ready by noon today. hope its negative too.

could it be because of stress, cause i have irregular periods
did u get your preiod finally or not.

i have had for the last 6 days had cramps like period pains with back and head ache and really bad heartburn which makes me feel sick. just lately my cramps have now feel like they are coming from my belly button area i am not due till friday and the start of my last period was on 4 august it is that i had un protected sex with my boyfriend on the 15 and 18 august i was drunk and was stubid and now i feel a bit scared could i pregnant

hi
first an foremost just relax , dont stress yourself, overstressing and being worried will only delay your periods all the more. wait for a week after your periods are due and then maybe u can take a home test.
but basically i think u need to show a local doctor for indigestion or something.

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on August 25th and the 30th and then got my period later that day (the 30th). Now I am having slight cramps and my period shouldn't start for another 3 weeks. Is this a sign of pregnancy? I would only be up to 1 or 2 weeks. Could stress and anxiety cause slight cramping? Please, I really need some advice and feedback. I am so worried. I am only 18 and am definitley not ready to have children.

hi,i went on holiday from the 11th of august for 3 weeks, within the last week i had unprotected sex with a 17 year old boy. It was really quick, just a couple of seconds, and he swore he never came.straight afetr i felt bloated but tht has gone now. But ever since i have had really bad stomach aches and a head ache now and again.also i have been urinating a lot, but i do that any way because i drink a lot of tea! I am also 3 days late for my period!i have js started gettin the signs ov coming on my period though, (spots,moodyness) what do i do ?? am i pregnant?? please help me!!!