My brother has panic attacks and he is trying it real hard to overcome this problem. But during past few days duration of his panic attacks became longer. It last for even 20 minutes. Is it possible? Can anyone, who has panic attacks, tell me how long your panic attacks lasts?

Hello! I want to answer you even I don’t have this kind of problem, but my boyfriend does. I am going through hid hard time with him, and I know everything about his state. His panic attack usually lasts for seven to 10 minutes. But, recording to some experts, the panic attacks can last about 5 to 30 minutes. I am hoping that I have helped you with this information.

When I used to have problems with panic attacks, they would normally last about 10 minutes for me.

I used this program to cure my panic attacks and it worked well for me.
PanicAway

I tried it simply because I saw that he is a member of the National Mental Health Association and I got Free 1 on 1 Coaching with Joe. I can't promise that it will work for you, but it's worth a shot... he has a money back guarantee.

Hope this helps,
Brian

I feel so Afraid of life... I cant work or go outside.
My feelings attack me all day fighting with how I feel.
I really am a Unhappy person, Problem is I dont know why.
I have a lovely home and girlfriend and children.

I cant work I work out of jobs after 1 hour scared I want to go home to feel safe pppffffffffff

I sit on the computer all day on dating sights because I get a good feeling from the reactions I get from woman who say I am a very Handsome guy.

Although when I look in the mirror I see a monster.
I feel I cant go on No More.

Psychiatrist cant help me and medication doesnt either.

They even tell me it isnt possible for me to feel anxiety all day long,
but its true it never goes away.

please advice me I want to feel happiness but it just doesnt happen Im lost in my own feelings of pain.

I was Diagnosed as borderline.
I dont drink or smoke or use drugs.

Now I went for a test because i was so tired I didnt believe I was depressed, for 1 month I know I have Critical Apnea sleep syndrome.

I stop breathing in my sleep 46- 76 per hour.
I use a machine to sleep with now for 2 months dont feel any better.

I make plans to visit friends or go to the gym or to do things it never happens I just sit behind the pc everything is too much energy.

I left my family and home country 8 years ago, running from my aniexty living off woman who fall in love with me.

Please someone advice me.

HIYA cymru

CAN I JUST SAY THAT I AM EXACTLY THE SAME A YOU

HAD IT FOR 3 YEARS ALL DAY LONG ANXIETY SOME DAYS ARE HORRIFFIC AND OTHERS NOT TOO BAD, UNTIL ABOUT 3 WEEKS A GO I STARTED USING AN ANXIETY CD OFF THE INTERNETT AND IM GETTING OUT A LITTLE

ALSO AS I HAVE FEAR OF TABLETS I HAVE PURCHASED SOME HERBS WHICH A FRIEND TAKES AND SHE NOW TRAVELS ALL OVER AS IT TAKES THE EDGE OFF THE PANICK AND SHE LOVES THEM

SO KEEP IN TOUCH I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH TRUST ME I DO

Panic attacks can be stopped!
It is very humbling to have panic attacks, I know, I used to have them! They freeze you in place, your throat closes up and you feel that you can not breath, you feel dizzy, terror grips you, and you desperatly feel the need to flee but you don't know where . See, I do know what your feeling. Please I beg you to at least TRY this before moving on to Doctors and /or medicine that won't work.
Beliving with all your heart (and even if you dont believe) pray this prayer:
Lord Jesus Christ Saviour of all, Im afraid, tired of running, and my mind needs rest. I've tried everything but you.
Lord, I've heard that you are a loving and comforting Father, will you please come into my life and release me from these mind restricting thoughts that hold me captive? Lord, Im willing to allow you to heal me and put an end to my fears that Satan tells me are real. Lord your word the Holy Bible says that satan attacks us in our minds first, that is how he wears us down, defeats us, reduces us to tremble day and night under his hand of control.
Lord Jesus, your word also tells me that I don't have to submit to satan if I'll only ask you to pour over me your love and holy protection in the name of Jesus. I ask you now to do that for me Lord Jesus, forgive me for not trusting you sooner, reach down your hand of mercy and hold me in your loving and protective arms and fill me with peace and strength to over come these attacks and end them in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Now, print this prayer, keep it in your pocket, and if you think you feel yourself starting to have an attack, read this prayer aloud, and then thank your new savior and friend Jesus for stepping between you and satan and blocking any effort to harm you ever again!
Love in Christ,,, Debra <><

chrystal wrote:

Hi, my boyfriend as yours experiences panic attacks and we are both having a really hard time while he is on is road to recovery. Our friendship seems to become stronger but our life as a couple is really suffering through all of this. Do you think you could give me any advice? Thank you.

Thankyou for posting that. It has really just puut my mind at ease. I was really ill two days ago (so i though) and wound up in A&E. I couldnt breath and having never exeprienced anything like this before seriosuly thought i was having a heart attack at 27! It lasted nearly two whole days, however the doctor i spoke to said that this cannot happen. Thankyou as i now feel a little calmer with someone telling me it can...

pinkandwhitedove wrote:

HIYA cymru

i hate having what i call a panic attack because i never know how long they will last and i never know how to make them go away. i feel lonley and trapped and like i am falling and i have no one there to help me and it is very scary. when i have a panic attack i start off feeling like i am shakey inside and then i begin to feel like the floor or bed wherever i am is falling out from under me and i am falling into this huge dark black whole. my chests starts hurting and i can breath but its hard to. i after that i am not sure what happens but i do know that people have told me that i begin to scream for help and when i do not get them i get worse and they said that i am not myself. they say it is like i am a totally different person and i say mean things and act really crazy. like they say i will go out side and when you ask me what i am doing they say i tell them i am looking for help. everyone says there is no help for a panic attack you just have to deal with it til it goes away. but others have noticed that if you just sit near me when i do that that i will begin to calm down and it goes away in like 3 minutes or so.

patsy wrote:

[/quote

Hello..i too suffer panic sttacks and mine usually last between 2-3 hrs but today has been awful the worst yet and i am still feeling very weird heart feelingsnow..it started at 12pm and itsnow 7.30pm xxx]

I have dreadful panic attacks I feel ill most days... dizzy, not focused, tired and then 3 to 4 times a day I have a full blown out panic attack.... Sometimes they wake me up and last all night sometimes they just laast 30 minutes but i no longer feel healthy. I ahve tried the breathing 7 in and 11 out but once in a panic attack I am out of control. Hoping this wont last mauch longer has i have felt like this for some months!!

i have an odd form of panic disorder that the doctors dont really know much about. i can have intense attacks that last as long as 7 hours. and also have an intense general anxiety with many panic attack symptoms like the nose and lips going numb the shaking, feeling like your going to die, that awful pain in your chest and general feeling of doom and that has lasted for weeks at a time. i spent about 38 days in Western Psychiatric hospital when i was at the end of my rope with it. they did test after test to see if the problem was psychical but nothing showed up. also all my eegs were normal and my heartrate and blood pressure doesnt rise. they were perplexed. thats why i was in so long. they didnt know what was wrong with me. so cymru i can really relate to how you feel. the anxiety is absolutley paralyzing and can make daily life completely impossible. when it happens all i can do is lie in bed. sometimes for weeks on end.
in the past couple years its gotten less intense and is now manageable with benzodiazapine treatment. i take ativan for like a 6 month stretch till my body gets too used to it, then we swith to xanax for six then back again, seems to be the best treatment for it until they find something new. ive been reading interesting things about adderall as a treatment for severe anxiety but its not fda approved for that use. i would be interested to hear of any new treatments anyone has heard of for severe generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder. theres just simply got to be something better for us.
"cymru " i hope you are ok. go to the hospital. the best one you can find! do your best to explain EXACTLY how it feels, with some luck you will get a good doctor or nurse practitioner than can help get you on some meds that will help with those feelings. i know exactly where your coming from. i lived 4 years of my life feeling like that. thankfully like i said its abated some to where its managable but i have been there my friend. you can get help. if you ever need to talk email me. , ill do my best to point you in the right direction. there is help out there for you. its just difficult to find the right stuff! hang in there buddy it can only get better! YOU WILL SURVIVE

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

i had my worst one ever today, never been that bad, i was sure i was going to die, lasted a few hours.
ive always delt with it without drugs through faith but it was sooo bad today that im going to get on the tablets, it was really that bad, terryifying stuff.

Mine last for about 10 minutes.

Hi Folks

Iam a 23 year old male,about four weeks ago i started getting pains in my chest and stomach,i went to A&E for some tests.The doctor Told me that i had a pulled a muscle in my chest and gave me some painkillers.So i left the hospital happy with what he told me.Then last
Week i started to feel my heart jump in my chest at first i didnt really care about it,but it just kept getting worst.Then last night i felt the
Worst feeling in my life,first my heart started to jump,then a sudden loss of breath,feeling dizzy,pins and needals in both my hand,shaking
All over and my bpm through the roof.I called an ambulance that took me back to A&E where the doctor told me i there was nothing wrong with me.Iam sitting in my house today terrified that another attack is on its way.