Hi! I have troubles with my weight for a long time. Besides eating a lot of food with high calorie value, I read somewhere that even lack of water can cause weight gain. It is true that I don’t drink a lot of water, but how can I force myself to do it more often and in larger amounts?

The water is essential in metabolic processes, so your troubles might start there. To calculate your necessary daily intake you should divide your weight in kilos by 30. To remember that you should drink water you could do some of these steps. Carry water with you everywhere you go in a bottle or any kind of container. Keep a glass or of water next to you whenever you'll be sitting down for a long time, such as when you're at your desk at work. Try wearing a digital watch that beeps at the beginning of each hour. Use that as a reminder for you that you should drink water. If you take mildly warmed water 10 minutes before meal you will feel less hungry. I think that these steps will help you a lot. Good luck.

well..you already know half of the solution. just try to reduce your intake of high calorie food and take more of light food, fruits etc.
As far as forcing yourself to drink more water is concerned, you may keep a bottle of water with you all the time and drink a little after every short interval. This will help if you can't drink plenty at a time. Hope this helps.

Drinking a lot of water may make you gain a little weight at first, but if you keep up the cycle for a while, it will slowly help you lose weight. But do be aware that you can drink too much water. In extreme excess (as in gallons a day), water can be toxic. If you're going to do the water thing, I would advise not going past the typical "eight glasses a day" quota.

If you're going to binge on water, make sure you know where the nearest bathroom is - you'll be needing it frequently.