I joined a gym approx 7 weeks ago due to the fact i am well overwieght. i weighed in at 17st and 5.11 high. the first couple of weeks i got down to 16.6 but for the last 3 it has not changed, despite doing the following:

15 minutes on the bike (6 miles, 200 cals)
15 mins x trainer (1 mile, 170 cals)
10 mins rower (2km, 110 cals)

1800 calories a day food intake.

HOW CAN I NOT BE LOOSING WEIGHT. I FEEL HAVE LOST ALL CONFIDENCE AND MOTIVATION NOW AND JUST WANT TO GO BACK TO EATING c**p AND NOT BOTHER AS IT SEEMS HOPELESS.

Any ideas? :'( :'(

nice pace on the bike

anyways like weights you should keep adding to cardio..up the resistance up a little every week, looks like you are at 24mph on the bike so aim for 25,26,etc... add more time as you have it and keep at it.

As for food, cut out any food that isn't packed full of nutrients whether it is marketed as low calorie or whatever. Drop sweet tea,carbon pops and throw in something like V8 fusions/low sodiums.

Well, I am not an expert, but maybe you need to eat more. I could not make out how much you said you weighed, but depending on such, you may actually need to eat more than just 1800 calories per day. I know it sounds crazy, but there has been some research on it - google it. Also, it depends on WHAT you are eating. - Is it natural, whole grains, not too many carbs?, fruit and veggies? Are you drinking plenty of water??? Also, by dividing you weight in half, you should drink that many ounces of water per day. For example, if you weigh 200 pounds, than you should drink 100 ounces of water per day. You may want to see a personal trainer/nutritionalist. And remeber- at different times during the month are bodies react differently. For example, regardless of how much I exercise during my period, I gain weight! But once I'm done with my menstrual cycle, I see a significant weight loss! Keep up the good work, don't give up!!! PS: Gaining muscle will also help you to loose fat, but you may see an increase on the scale.

When you are dieting you loose a lot of weight at first but then once you loose the big numbers dieting slows down. (you cant loose it all in one night!) Don't give up because you aren't losing weight right away. You have probably gained muscle mass instead (which weighs more than fat and makes you look better) You should focus on how you look physically rather than the number on a scale. Try taking before and after pictures each week to see the impact that your exercise is having on your body (example: you will see tighter leg muscles and tigher abs and what not) Don't give up because of the numbers on a scale!

do you take medication? If not be patient. You'll lose it