well, i do. i am faithfully drinking 10 8-oz glasses of water every day.

i do my nightly ditty at 2AM too - faithfully and then have an impossible time getting back to sleep.

if i am drinking my quota, why do i still feel so dehydrated when i run?
anyone?

i am drinking a PEACH Propel at the moment. splurged yesterday.

editing to say i do not drink alcohol and have one cup of coffee every morning.........

I don't really know for sure, but how is your salt intake? I increased mine recently and that seemed to help a little. Also if you are having too much I think it can cause you to feel dehydrated...

i am wondering if one can drink too much water? maybe it depletes electrolytes or something??

gimme a beer.

Yup, you can die from drinking too much water. It depletes the sodium content in your blood and it can no longer regulate the amount of water in your cells and you croak.

NO WAY ----- YOU LIE ------ GET OUT ---- SHUT UP
really? i need Flarunner.

There are many cases of people drinking too much water and it killed them. Most recently in the Grand Canyon in October of 2015.

W C Fields was right.

Hyponatremia is what it is called, actually last year at the Boston Marathon a women died due to it, basically it is a low sodium concentration in the blood that occurs when too much water is ingested. Balancing your water intake with salt is the key. Actually this year at the Boston marathon, they made the water cups smaller than the gatorade cups.

I believe it has to be a lot of water.

More common to women.....and more often during menstration time as we are already retaining water.....

They use to say to drink until you pee clear....now you drink until you pee a faint color........excuse me while I get my sample.

sue

I've been searching but can't find the link I want. Bascially, what they said.

No, actually its a big issue here because obviously when you run on the surface of the sun you drink a lot. ;) But you have to be sure to drink some Gatorade or something else with electrolite in it as well in order to counter the effect. Houston Area Road Runner's Association got the Houston Marathon people to space the water tables further apart to prevent this. Apparently because its more dangerous than dehydrating.

Personally I would substitute 2 or 3 beers a day for some of that water.... that would probably help the insomnia if you drank them towards evening...

a nice bag of potato chips would seem to solve this problem, and damn do they taste good!!!!!!!!!!! :wiggle:

Just checked...not quite clear, not bright yellow...must be drinking the right amount of water.

I'm never thirsty, not even after a long run. I drink two pots of green tea in the morning and water in the evening. I try to ensure salt intake by eating a lot of Kraft Dinner and Hamburger Helper. It seems to work fine; my body is a honed running machine.
OK that last part is made up but I'm never dehydrated, really.

Any time my pee comes out yellow, I bow in shame...sniff..sniff... Bad Runner! Bad Runner! No Powerbar for you!!!!"