Good day everyone! How are you? I hope that you are doing fine, because I am not. Apparently, I need to have some surgery or procedure that is called dextrocardia. It seems like I need to detox something, but I know that this procedure is far away from the detoxing. Honestly, I don't have idea what this is. So, my friend told me about this site and I have decide to seek for your help. I need to know what this is? I need to know how common and how dangerous is Dextrocardia? Did any of you had this procedure? 

Hey Girl, well you are wrong because it has nothing to do with some detoxication or something like this. You need to know that it is a little bit serious, even more serious than you can imagine. Dextrocardia is a rare heart condition in which your heart points toward the right side of your chest instead of the left side. It is congenital, which means people are born with this abnormality. Less than 1 percent of the general population is born with dextrocardia. Also, you need to know that it must be treated if it prevents vital organs from functioning properly. Pacemakers and surgery to repair septal defects can help the heart work normally.

Hey everyone. It is not that common. I don't know anyone who was diagnosed with this disease but I remember that my doctor was telling me once about it. Dextrocardia or known as right sided heart is uncommon, but not really that rare. It comes in several different variations: for a unhealthy heart that is twisted toward the right and not totally "right sided", or for a heart that is totally right sided alone. It is also associated with reversed abdominal organs as well. If abdominal organs are reversed, appendix and gall bladder are too, so the patient can be expected to have the symptoms that are really wrong, like doctors love to say.

Well, now you already do know that it is not that common. It is very important to do ECG in this case, if your doctor suspects at this. ECG leads must be placed in reversed positions on a person with dextrocardia. In addition, when defibrillating someone with dextrocardia, the pads should be placed in reverse positions. That is, instead of upper right and lower left, pads should be placed upper left and lower right. It is dangerous, fortunately I do know some  of cases with this diagnose and treatment is the real rigorous and medications are strong. Good luck there.