Hello, I'm 34 weels pregnant and I was wondering if sharp shooting pains down in the vaginal area was normal? I don't have them to often...usually just when the baby moves a certain way. ?

I also have all sorts of shooting pains down there. Sometimes it is my lower abdomen and sometimes it is the pubic area as if the cramps were happening right inside my vagina.

Next time you see your doctor, make sure you mention this, so she could pay attention to it during the exam and ultrasound.

Like helene said, be sure to ask your doctor about this, since there is no reason to risk anything this far pregnant. However, most women do experience some level of abdominal discomfort or even pain in pregnancy and it means nothing dangerous for the baby. There are even false, or Braxton-Hicks contractions that happen about this time that serve to prepare your uterus for the delivery.

Also, since you have been able to link the pain with baby movements, there is a chance that baby movement is causing a muscle pull or is pressing some nerve. In that case, all you can do is to find more comfortable position and rest as much as you can until baby settles a bit.