Hello everyone,

So I am finally pregnant, I've been waiting for this for my whole life. I am two months pregnant already and my friend who has two kids told me that she experienced abdominal pain during pregnancy and that most of women experience these during pregnancy but that there has to be a way to prevent these from occurring, that is the reason why I am writing this. I am hoping that someone here might recommend me some prevention methods for abdominal pain in pregnancy, if I am able to stop these from occurring then I want to do it.

Stomach pain during pregnancy is something that is quite normal and all of the women experience it, however, sometimes the pain can be really strong and you just want to do something to prevent it. There are a couple of things which can help you and in most cases you need to do these things when you notice a mild abdominal pain. When you notice it, you should try to sit, lie down or change positions, soak in a warm bath, try doing relaxation exercises, place a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel on the ache and make sure you get plenty of fluids.

I don't know about you or about the others but I had some really horrible stomach pain in pregnancy. I was trying to cope with it for some time but then I just decided that I cannot do it anymore so I went to talk to my doctor in order to take some medications or some painkillers even though I was always against taking medications, especially in pregnancy but this pain was just too strong. I honestly hope that you won't be going through the same things as I was because I am telling you, this was hurting me so bad.

I think that applying a "hot water bag" exactly where you feel pain can relieve your ache but you will need to determine the correct place of your pain. The best way to do this is to lie on a flat ground once you feel the pain. When you lie down, you should be able to determine the exact place of your pain so when you manage to determine that, you should get a "hot water bag" (water should be warm and not hot) and place it on the place where you feel the pain, it works for me, I hope it'll work for you too.

When I was pregnant for the first time I was really scared when I started to have those abdominal pains in my pregnancy. So, because of my fear I was at my doctors all the time. Until I realized that this is normal in the so - called "blessed condition". Our body is different and we need to get used on this fact. But, here are some things that you can do about this. You can apply hot water bag on the place where you feel that pain, where the pain is most intensive. This can be the result of very poor digestion, so try to eat healthy and try to follow some nutrition diet program (consult with your doctor). If you are moving a lot or if you are doing some housework, that can cause pain for you as well. So, try to rest a bit and than continue with your work. Good luck!

It depends on certain things. For example, where do you feel that pain ? Here is why I am saying this. My sister had lower abdominal pain during pregnancy and she really was scared about this. While people were telling her that having abdominal pain during pregnancy is normal condition because of wild hormones, I was telling her that she should go to see her doctor because I was reading a lot about this. And I do know that pain in lower abdomen is not a normal thing.

She listened to me and she went to see her doctor. He told her that pain can be caused by a lot of different things and that this pain can lead to a miscarriage as well.  

Hi there. Look, it is very easy to relieve sharp pains or cramps. For example, you can stretch your abdominal muscles and ligaments, rest or take a warm bath or shower. Warm shower helped me a lot while I was in those problems. Also, if everything is OK with your pregnancy, some regular exercise will strengthen and tone your abdominal muscles. It is very important to avoid exercises while lying on your back for more than a few minutes at a time after the first trimester and you should ask your doctor why. Anyway, you should consult your doctor in any case about this - if abdominal pain is constant and if this pain won't go away for a couple of days and of course if you are planing to do some exercises as well while you are pregnant.

Hi! I was pregnant three times and every time I had this abdominal pain in my pregnancy. The good thing is that this pain CAN be prevented, but don't consider yourself as the smartest person alive. If you find one way to prevent it and the pain is gone, you should visit your doctor and tell him what you are dealing with, no matter what. Generally, developing normal bowel habits means that you can prevent abdominal pain. If you want to have normal and regular bowel habits, you should change your way of eating. Also, avoid carbonated drinks. Those are some things that you can do at your home but don't avoid the doctor.

Hi pregnant girls.

If you are experiencing those cramps during the first trimester, that means that cramping often results from normal changes that occur during your baby’s development. Now, in those cases cramping typically can occur when the uterus expands. That means that those "moves" are resulting in causing the ligaments and muscles that support it to stretch. You should feel it more when you sneeze, cough, or change your body positions. Usually, there is no need to be too much concerned about this. But if cramps are causing a lot of pain for you and if you can't move or do your daily activities, then you should check with your doctor what is going on.