Hi there,

I don't really know if there is anything that I can do to ease this pain or to stop it completely so I turned to you, I hope that some of you might be able to help me out here. I am in my second trimester of pregnancy and I am having this frequent and persistent stomach pain and I don't know how to treat it, it is not like that strong that I cannot handle it but it is strong enough to make me annoyed by it and to mess with my everyday routine, please help me, any advice?

I wouldn't worry about this if I were you, I was going through the same thing when I was pregnant and it turned out that abdominal pain during pregnancy is a really common thing, I mean, my doctor told me that this pain can be caused by some serious things but in most cases, the thing why it is occurring is because you are pregnant.

If you say that it is not that strong, that is another reason for you to not worry but if you want to be 100% sure that everything is okay, you can just go and talk to your doctor about it.

I think that the abdominal pain in the second trimester of pregnancy is something that is quite common, I mean, in whichever trimester you are, you are likely to have abdominal pain.

This is usually nothing serious but it can be although these cases are rare. A lot depends on how long do these pains last and where are they exactly located. What makes women more worried is that they are pregnant so they don't want anything to harm their baby. Well, if you want to be 100% sure that you are okay, just like HiHello said, you should talk to your doctor.

Ugh, I don't know what to tell you. On one hand I know that stomach pain during pregnancy is such a common thing and because of that I would tell you to stop worrying about it because it will go away on its own but on the other hand I understand that you are pregnant and that now you aren't only worrying about yourself but about your baby as well, even more about your baby, so you want to be sure that everything is okay and because of that I would tell you to go and talk to your doctor in order for you to do some tests.

I hated this when I was pregnant. I was having abdominal pain during my pregnancy and there was nothing that I could do about it. I went to see my doctor who told me later after doing some tests that everything is okay and that this usually happens to women who are pregnant and that there was nothing I could do to ease this pain. I mean, he told me that I can use some medications but I didn't want to use them so yeah, there was nothing I could have done to ease my abdominal pain and I hated that.

I remembered that when I got pregnant, I asked my doctor what can I expect. I had similar experience like you do have now and the doctor told me one thing - it is good because you came to tell me how you feel, but generally that is normal. You don't need to be worried, you are pregnant and your body is changing constantly. Those pains are normal. Don't worry. So that is my advice for you as well. But please, don't hesitate to tell your doctor whenever you notice that something is not right. Abdominal pain can last for 11 weeks. If this doesn't stop until that time, than it can be very dangerous.

Look, I don't believe that you don't have reasons to be scared like others told you. Maybe there is nothing wrong, maybe everything is OK, but I think that frequent stomach pain during the second trimester of pregnancy can be dangerous. 

There are so many situations during pregnancy that demand medical attention and your problem might be one of them. If you experience all those symptoms please don't hesitate to call your doctor or seek emergency care.

The good thing is that there is no bleeding or clots, but that doesn't mean that they won't come in a couple of days. I am telling you this because I do know similar case. 

Look, don't scare her. That is not the best option, right? Look, girl, it is probably nothing serious, but you should tell your doctor about this because when you feel pain in your abdomen during the second trimester, it can be related to the tension on the ligaments and muscles in the pelvis. And that is normal. In this case, there is no reason for you to be scared. These get stretched as the uterus expands to hold the growing baby. If you move quickly, you can “pull” them. I hope that you do understand. Well, this situation may feel like a painful pang in your pelvis or a cramp down your side that can last for several minutes.
It is NOT harmful pain and it won't harm your baby.