My 14 years old son was diagnosed with pneumonia 5 days ago. I am so worried about him. I would like to know more about pneumonia. How dangerous is pneumonia? Will my son be ok?

Pneumonia is an inflammation of the lung caused by infection with bacteria, viruses, and other organisms and it is usually triggered when a patient's defense system is weakened. Bacteria are the most common causes of pneumonia. However, these infections can also be caused by other microbial organisms. Pneumonia is basically an inflammation of the lungs ant there are many types of pneumonia. The symptoms of bacterial pneumonia develop abruptly and include chest pain, fever, shaking, chills, shortness of breath, and rapid breathing and heart beat. Certain children have a higher than normal risk for pneumonia and its recurrence. The infection can be a very serious problem, even though the majority of pneumonias respond well to treatment. Together with influenza, pneumonia is among leading causes of death. As long as your son is under supervision of his doctor, I am sure that everything will be ok with him.