Hello! Last time when I have tonsillitis I have noticed some white stuff on my tonsils. Now, when tonsillitis passed, I want to know what that was. I know that my doctor prescribed me some antibiotics when I told him and when he saw this stuff. Is that some kind of bacteria or is something else? Thank you!

Hello! Well, I can tell you that you can see bacteria only through microscope. I will explain you know what white thing was. On your tonsils you have small pockets which are called crypts. Well, these crypts can catch some parts of food. After some time, growing bacteria starts and that is why your doctor prescribed you antibiotics.

Hi there,
Tonsillitis is an inflammation of the tonsils that might occur when your tonsils are exposed to bacteria and viruses. You have to understand that tonsils are the first barrier for bacteria and viruses that come through your mouth. It is very important part of your defense system, to put it this way. When you have tonsillitis your tonsils will get swollen and you will notice the white coating that resemble like white spots. This is one of the signs of the infection. This is bacterial infection that your tonsils are fighting against. You will need antibiotics to treat this. If your infection is returning from time to time you might consider the surgery as well.