My brother has a huge problem with folliculitis. He has bacterial folliculitis and now he needs to take antibiotic. We hope that it will be helpful but still he worries a lot and it makes him very nervous. I’m wondering what causes bacterial folliculitis? And what kind of bacteria are the most common?

Well, it’s hard to say exactly what the cause of folliculitis is. Probably it can be an inflammatory reaction to components of the hair follicle, particularly the micro-organisms. I read somewhere that infection with the Staphylococcus aureus bacterium causes most cases of folliculitis. Also bacteria propionibacterium acnes are very usual.

I agree. When it comes to scientific side, there are some of the most common causes of folliculitis and it is usually caused by bacteria. On the other hand, very often folliculitis may also be caused by certain viruses, fungi and even an inflammation from ingrown hairs, even if some people believe that this is not possible. This is one condition that is classified as either superficial or deep, based on how much of the hair follicle it involves. There are some types of the treatments that doctors will recommend you, but it is a little bit ungrateful to tell you now some of them since you still haven't determined the cause of your problem.