I am 17 and still a virgin. i am wondering how can i find out if my hymen is still intact without going to a doctor? is there anyway i can look for it myself. when i masturbate, i do not use any fingers, toys, or any objects. I looked online, but i still cant quite tell what it looks like. can anybody help?

Hi Hon: Your hymen is probably still intact, the only way of it not is if you perhaps used a tampon incorrectly! The hymen is a thin piece of skin, that is at the base of your vagina opening. To you it will look just the same, but if you gently spread your vagina open and use good lighting and a mirror, Good lighting is always key isn't it?! ;-) XD Then you should see a very thin piece of skin, looking like a sort of bridge between the two sides. If I were you hon, I wouldn't worry about it, because I am sure it is still intact, and sometimes if you go "hunting" for it, you could actually accidently break it!!!! I take it that this is for religious/nationality reasons! So just leave it alone, and know that you have done nothing to break it! And one more thing, GOOD FOR YOU! On keeping your virginity!! :-D More and more young people are doing the same, and I - personally - think this is a great growing trend. So don't worry about it too much OK hon?! Hope this helped you!

thank you sooo much! ur post actually helped me, a lot! i figured if i continued looking for it i might break it, so im just going to leave it as is. i think i saw the short sorta bridge u are referring to, its near the bottom, right?
it is for religous reasons, that is why i am very worried about it. worried that when the time comes for marriage, although it is known that vagina's differ, and hymen isnt the way to tell whether a girl is a virgin or not, but what can i say, most men are oblivious to this sort of thing and need "proof" per say %-)

thank you once again, i really appreciate it, more than u can ever imagine! :-)

Totally understand hon, and your welcome and glad I could help you. And yes that is the bridge you are talking about! The scary thing about the hymen issue is that some religions want PROOF!!! o.O So they look for the blood on the sheet!!! So if the man is "small" - of COURSE that's not the problem ;-) XD ! They used to think that the poor woman wasn't a virgin! There are some cultures even today that the village will watch through a window at the newly weds and look for the blood sheet!!!!! o.O :$ Can you IMAGINE!!!! Hopefully that's not you, but yeah, just don't touch it and when time comes a doctor will prove that you are "intact!" Good luck hon!!!

hey there ... am 19 ,and i need help ! when i was alittle girl abt 10 years or somthin aguy tried to rape me ! and the problem is i cant remember that accident well ! and i cant remember if he really hurted me or not i was so young .. am so worried abt it am afraid am not version any more and i have done nothin wrong ! i dont wana go to adoctor coz am afraid to tell anyone abt wht happened i just need to chick and am afraid to hunt for it .. i might brake it ! "in case it was even there ! " plz help :'(

Hi honey! First of all a BIG hug! 2nd you need to tell someone about this and be checked by a doctor - when you tell them about what happend they will be VERY gentle with you and NOT break your hymen! IF you do this gently all you need is a mirror and some good lighting on your vaginal opening and just look for a small peice of skin - similar to a little bridge, google images of one so you know what you are looking for! I think it should be intact, BUT what I am worried about is 1st this jerk getting away with raping you! And 2nd the trauma made you black out, if you can get some help from a gynecologist I would REALLY want you too tell them OK? BIG hugs!

Thank you so much dear .. i really appreciate ur sweetness and ur hugs ;-) i think i better go to adoctor ur right.. i'll do my best to tell ! i just didnt want it to spread ! u think i lost my consciousness during "IT" :'( whts the worst that could happen ?
its been 9 years i think i'll be fine %-) and thank you again hunny ...
agirl right ? :-)

Hi

i have a problem..2 days ago i had sex for the first time with my boyfriend...while we were at it i was bleeding quite a lot and i still am a bit..i would like to know if on the second time i will bleed again..also i am on the pill if it means anything..and aswell i would like to check if my hymen is broken but i dont know how..thanks a lot i would appreciate someones help! 
:)

I know exactly how you feel !!! I use tampons and play many sports . I am also worried becausse of religion . I'm trying to figureout if mine is torn or not .

When I masterbated for the first time, there was a little bit of bleeding, just a small spot, my period also came close to a year later, could I have torn my hymen or could it still be intact. Is there any chance it could still be intact and is there any way to put anything in my you-know-what without breaking my hymen?

I still dont really get it! Is it a bridge over the little opening? Mine looks like a small opening with like a tissue surrounding it. Is mine broken or isit still intact??

If your boyfriend put his full erect penis inside you then your hymen is broken from this penetration this is why you had some bleeding its normal to have a little blood and sometimes even discomfort or pain the first few times you have sex. Just remember take is slowly make sure he doesn't thrust too deeply inside you or too fast the first few times but don't worry your body will soon get very used to the feel of a penis inside it and open and stretch out as he f**ks you so just relax and enjoy it.

Hello. I'll be 17 in less than a month and my boyfriend and I had sex last night, and I'm not sure that my hymen is intact or not. I've looked at numerous websites trying to find a vagina similar to mine (weird, I know) so that I can determine whether it is or not because the illustrations are really confusing to me. Our activity was successful, since there was quite an amount of foreplay, and I made him wear a condom, which he didn't like - what guy does, really? - and at first when it was entering, which I could tell, there was a slight pinch with some pain, but once he was in, I couldn't tell. I actually had to ask him if he was inside because it wasn't all that painful. After a few "thrusts" or whatever, it started to sting a little and there was some discomfort but for the most part it wasn't all that terrible like my female friends have described. Also, it didn't bleed. I'm not really sure what "small" for a guy is, so I wouldn't know if that's the problem :/ 

Some help on this topic would be fantastic!

You are absolutely right..... i belong to a family where the virginity of a girl is check by the blood sheet on the first wedding night.... am 18 years old now and extremely worried about it because i read somewhere that it is not necessary for all girls to bleed during there first intercourse... as every woman has a different body.... but who will tell these things to my family.... i am really worried about my hymen because i have been doing some vigorous exercises for 2 years.... but as i got to know about hymen and all these traditions i stopped it... about now i wanna know about this that whether hymen is still intact....

i wanna add something.. i never used tampons or menstrual whatever....never rode the horse...no boyfriend..never even touched by any guy..i respect myself and my virginity... its just exercise.... plz help....

hai!may i ask if how do you call it when you want to go to an obegynecian for check up to know if you are still virgin or not?tnx