:-( ? last night when i was laying down to go to sleep i started feeling somekind of dizzyness. everytime i would move or get up i would get dizzy. Now today is hasnt gone away unlees i dont move. but when i get up, walk or move i start feeling the dizzyness again. what might this be? how do i make this go away?

It's hard to tell what the issue is. do you have other symptoms of dizziness or is that the only problem? If you have a fever or something like that associated with it then I think I know what the problem could be. It is also possible that you may have gotten something in your ear which would lead to vertigo. Can you keep us posted on what happens?

It sounds like Benign Positional Vertigo or Benign Paroxysmal Vertigo. Both are inner ear related and an easy way to describe it would be the tiny crystals in your ear that normally sense movement and tell your brain your moving, are sometimes dislodged for a variety of reasons. It's not cause for alarm, for most people it us just bothersome. Treatment can sometimes involve repetitive movement to 'retrain.'

Can you explain to me what you mean by retraining? What exactly would that entail if you have vertigo? I am not familiar with vertigo treatment and would like to learn a little more about it. Thanks!

I should have elaborated a bit more! What I mean by "retraining" is that certain repetitive moves or motions can readjust your response to movement, therefore eliminating or lessening the vertigo. I know that treatments are often performed by PT, but I've heard mixed responses regarding the effectiveness of the treatment. Basically having someone repeat trigger movements over and over until your body readjusts and your brain then recognizes the movement, eliminating the vertigo. I believe I just repeated myself, but hopefully articulated it a bit better.

The Epley Maneuver can also work - it moves that particles around in your ear that are causing the delayed response to movement and the subsequent vertigo.

Hope that helps! :-)

I don't think you really repeated yourself. I think that you added a lot of information and I think that it was really helpful, especially because you added some information on specific maneuvers you can use, so thanks for that too! How did you learn about this?