My friend told me vertigo is a type of dizziness felt as a shift in a person's relationship to the normal environment. He has a feeling that the room is spinning, and he said this is common, as well as sense of movement in space. I would like to hear more about this disorder because I found it interesting. Could you tell me is there some treatment to cure vertigo?

Although dizziness and vertigo are often used interchangeably, they are not the same thing and this is the first thing you have to learn. While all vertigo is dizziness, not all dizziness is specified as vertigo. There are four major types of dizziness, and those are vertigo, presyncope, disequilibrium, and lightheadedness. Most patients with true vertigo have a peripheral vestibular disorder, such as benign positional vertigo, which is usually associated with tinnitus and hearing loss. Central disorders, such as brain stem or cerebellar lesions, tend to be more chronic but less intense than peripheral disorders. These disorders are not associated with hearing loss. Central disorders account for only 15 percent of patients with vertigo, which is interesting fact for you to know. Vertigo is the illusion that patient or his/her surroundings are moving. Your friend may feel that he is spinning, tilting, rocking, or falling through space. I believe he might experience vomiting or have ringing in the ears, which is called tinnitus. Treatment depends on the diagnosis, so complete medical evaluation is recommended for anyone with vertigo. This can reveal the true cause and suggest one or more treatment solutions, based upon treating the underlying disorder.

:-( I have had vertigo for everal months. My symptoms are worse whenever I lay down, but have become a problem even when I am standing, walking, etc. This tends to happen several times during the day. I was told I have benign positional vertigo and to take dramamine to control the symptoms. Is this the only solution to the problem?

Iv'e had vertigo for a year this July. It all started when i got in a jet ski accident When i knocked the chrystals out of place in my inner ear. Ive been to alot of docters trying to find my problem and a way to fix it! Ive been everyone there finally sending me to mao clinic. All though my docter is sure that my bppv may never go away b/c i was to determined to still play vollyball and basketball while i was going through it all making it worse now. The hardest part is not being treated like everyone else b/c your limited to certain things! hopefully people can relate and if not then at least I had a good vent!

ive had veritgo for about a month or so now, the doctor said it was because of an ear infection. i dont know because i didnt feel ill beforehand. no idea how i managed to get vertigo but it is darn annoying! i am all sluggish at work and always taking paracetamol because it hurts my head. i dont want to take any drugs for it, the doctor said i could take some pills or just wait for it to go away. i am hoping its gonna go away real soon!

i have been to the doctors twice and been subscribed tabs which have done nothing,i have dizzyness which comes and goes during the day and the feeling of lightheadedness most of the day which combined disturbs my balance i also fell sick but as yet have not been sick

I have been having BAD vertigo for about a year now. They always follow my intense migranes. So, after a horrible vertigo experience I decided to ask my regular doctor to send me to a neurologist. The neurologist sent me to have an MRI. Within 12 hours the office called me back! They found I have EMPTY SELLA SYNDROME. Please "google" it and check to see if you may need an MRI because of your vertigo or migranes. I wouldnt wish vertigo or migranes on my worst enemy! Thank you for reading this reply and I hope you all take care!
AprilMarie

:'( I'm only 23 years old I've experienced virtigo since I was 18.
For the past year it has gotten worse I've actually woken up with dizzy spells and had to be taken to hospital. At the hospital I was given a Fluid drip and an injection of Stemitile to help the dizziness but it did nothing. Most days I feel unbalanced and it feels like i have a nagging headache between the temples, I wish there was treatment because I can't stand it any more I have a 7 year old daughter and i plan to have another child, I need to know what sort of virtigo I have so maybe it could be treated.

I TOO HAVE VIRTIGO, I HAVE TRIED MANY PILLS AN NONE WORK UNFORTUNALLY THERE IS NOTHING YA CAN DO FOR IT YOU JUST HAVE TO PRAY THAT IT GOES OFF. I ALSO SUFFER FROM ANXITY AND PANIC ATTACKS SO IT DOSENT HELP THAT BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO GET ON WITH IT WHICH IS REALLY HARD. I HAVE BEING THAT BAD I HAVE NOT BIN ABLE TO GET UP PFF THE FLOOR COS I HAVE FALLEN OVER I UNDERSTAND HOW ARFUL THIS CAN BE BUT THERE REALLY IS NOTHING YA CAN DO IN MY EXPERIANCE JUST LAY DOWN CLOSE YA EYES AND WAIT TILL IT GOES OFF.

I have suffered from near fainting spells most of my adult life and had one just last evening. They usually follow excessive drinking the day before or sometimes when I have had a good dose of marijuana, but they always happen when I am in a crowded place -- the subway or a party. I smoke marijuana regularly rather than drink, which I no longer do, as I find it mostly relaxing and it opens up my emotional response to things, but it a crowd I seem to get over stimulated and experience extreme dizziness, loss of vision replaced by a field of almost psychedelic patterns and colors and I feel like I might pass out. Usually if I sit down and put my head down and drink water it will pass within 20 minutes.
I have a history of trauma related to strangers and helplessness which I think is triggered anew in these situations. I am and have been under psychatric care. Would this be called vertigo?

i have been suffering from virtigo for 8 years have had tests on my ears was told to do neck exercises and it would never happen again did not work it can happen any time i have no warning this stresses me and i suffer from panic attacks i feel i cant go any where or do to much its the worst feeling i have experienced i have even woke up spinning followed by vomiting i go to work and go home and do little else i take stemitol if i go out just in case

I have had Virtigo for 3 years now......I'm looking for someone to help.................I can not find a Doctor to help. I know there is someone out there that can HELP us with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Contact me at _[removed]_

I was getting the feeling of unbalanced and spaced out feeling for a coup[le of months which gave me a lot of anxiety becuase I didnt know what was causing it.

Then one day I suffered vertigo and I was diagnosed with an inner ear problem called BPPV.

My anxiety was under control as I knew my problem now but BPPV returns and so does anxiety.

Anxiety compounds the problem of dizziness and unbalance in my experience so you suffer a double whammy.

Guess a healthy diet and exercise is called for.

I was in car accident in 1985 started dizzy hyperventilating they all thought I was having panic attacks they ran every test they could MRI's went to ear throat and nose doctor went to neurologist had a scope ran down throat and said nothing was wrong. I finally went to doctor in 2002 and checked my balance she said I had vertigo and so went on more test till one Doctor said there was no more she could do. I was at a health food store and talking about my vertigo and a man had suggested a Chiropractor I was sceptical but I made an appointment first I ask hey can you treat vertigo? and he said yes because some chiropractor do not. The first day I went was like WOW I can walk in a straight line with out falling it was amazing. I told him he was a God he has not cured me but helped me to be able to move around without having to bump in everything in my house and getting around outside world without hanging on to everything I hope this helps at least some of you because man what a world of different it's made mine

hi,i just started having the vertigo symtoms,i am so happy am not crazy, thats how it feels.if it helps anybody out there,try ginger and veaniger,i was told by people going thru the same problem,one tea spoon and cut a little bit of ginger and chew,suck on the juice only,twice a day.